AT&T

www.att.com
  www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

A great online product to sell

Former Employee - Yellow Page Sales in New York, NY
Former Employee - Yellow Page Sales in New York, NY

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great digital products, great sales training and support

Cons

Yellow page side of AT&T sold off to investor, which cares mostly about investors than sales people

6094 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Stressful sales environment

Former Employee - Sales Support Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Support Representative in New York, NY

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You can make great commissions and the pay is not too bad

Cons

Stressful stressful stressful... It's all about meeting your quotas and getting more out of the sale. If sales is not for you, then this is not for you either.

Management at the store I was located at seemed to care, but I'm sure they were pressured by THEIR managers to produce. I would say cut back a little on the quotas, but not sure that is ever going to happen.

AT&T - look elsewhere if you don't live in Texas or Atlanta

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Middletown, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Middletown, NJ

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Knowledgable legacy AT&T folk are still around in small pockets and they have many years of experience developing products at very large scale. Salary is good at the top levels of the company.

Cons

Since SBC bought AT&T things have been gradually going down hill for those employees that are unwilling to relocate to Texas or Atlanta. Recent purges of their very top technical staff are demotivating to those who are "lucky" enough to stay. All the talk about being able to work at anyplace any time is just a convenient ad slogan. Employees are treated as if they all have the same skill sets. Outside work life and commitment to our families used to be pare of our "Core Values" training --- that went completely out the door when SBC acquired us.

Getting rid of your best employees before offering voluntary downsizing seems like a Dilbert move to lower levels. Employee skill sets are vastly different and you've already clobbered some of the very brightest and those left will remember for a long time.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T