AT&T

www.att.com

Prem tech is the cable guy job for at&t Uverse

Premises Technician (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsIf you work evenings, you dont have to deal with managers so much

Consmanagers have no idea what we really go through, most dont even have uverse or have ever seen a uverse menu on a tv. they try to compare their out of date past work history with our heavy customer contact employment. We are the lowest paid field techs in the history of at&t when you compare the prevailing minimum wage or respective years. yet we are doing the work of past dsl techs and then some.

The IBEW is clearly protecting themselves by not negotiating for us to be in the core contract. we dont get many things as a result from Christmas eve as a holiday to evening shift differential, to the way overtime is calculated. We are required to stay out until all jobs are done, so they simply overbook jobs, saying they do so to compensate for not at home customers.
The IBEW has given themselves raises in the core with less work to do in the new contract, yet we were given more of their work to do to get our raise. And still we make less than half of the original dsl techs, yet we intall dsl to computer and tv alike. Far more than the original dsl techs.

The IBEW told us how we were to be core in a couple years, then the CWA/IBEW, using our numbers to bolster their out of date skills, got the things they wanted, and we still dont have basic human rights like knowing when we can go home on a regular basis...or a schedule that is posted beyond a week.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake all the techs and send them home and dont have the garage managers anymore. We dont need them at all. give us 8 hours of work. thats it. Stop All work on sundays outside all services down with people with Voip, and the same for holidays. Give Martin Luther King day the respect it should have.

Not a bad place, but not as good as it used to be.

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

I worked at AT&T

Pros: World class Benefits, Competitive Pay, Some good leaders Cons: Cost cutting due to mergers, Major personnel cutbacks, No effort… Advice to Senior Management: Allow local directors to decide who needs to go, ask for volunteers before… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Nowhere to go

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bedminster, NJ

I have been working at AT&T

Pros: Local levels of management can be very good. Cons: There is no room for promotion, raises are often frozen, and the main impetus for working is to keep your… Advice to Senior Management: When the economy turns around, you will lose a lot… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on AT&T.

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!