There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Prem tech is the cable guy job for at&t Uverse

Current Employee - Premises Technician in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Premises Technician in Chicago, IL

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

If you work evenings, you dont have to deal with managers so much

Cons

managers have no idea what we really go through, most dont even have uverse or have ever seen a uverse menu on a tv. they try to compare their out of date past work history with our heavy customer contact employment. We are the lowest paid field techs in the history of at&t when you compare the prevailing minimum wage or respective years. yet we are doing the work of past dsl techs and then some.

The IBEW is clearly protecting themselves by not negotiating for us to be in the core contract. we dont get many things as a result from Christmas eve as a holiday to evening shift differential, to the way overtime is calculated. We are required to stay out until all jobs are done, so they simply overbook jobs, saying they do so to compensate for not at home customers.
The IBEW has given themselves raises in the core with less work to do in the new contract, yet we were given more of their work to do to get our raise. And still we make less than half of the original dsl techs, yet we intall dsl to computer and tv alike. Far more than the original dsl techs.

The IBEW told us how we were to be core in a couple years, then the CWA/IBEW, using our numbers to bolster their out of date skills, got the things they wanted, and we still dont have basic human rights like knowing when we can go home on a regular basis...or a schedule that is posted beyond a week.

Take all the techs and send them home and dont have the garage managers anymore. We dont need them at all. give us 8 hours of work. thats it. Stop All work on sundays outside all services down with people with Voip, and the same for holidays. Give Martin Luther King day the respect it should have.

reviews filtered by

Not a bad place, but not as good as it used to be.

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at AT&T

Pros

World class Benefits, Competitive Pay, Some good leaders

Cons

Cost cutting due to mergers, Major personnel cutbacks, No effort to coordinate regions for sales efforts

Allow local directors to decide who needs to go, ask for volunteers before forced layoffs. You have lost massive knowledge and experience due to capricious layoffs.

2. Not a great place for contractors

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

overall ok place to work. Information is there you just have to 'dig' for it on your own.

Cons

Contractors beware. You are treated only as someone to do the job. Management does not communicate how you're performing. Since the ATT takeover, only communications about employee reviews are evaluated by an ATT contractor liason and your company. If you go directly to management and ask how you're performing, they cant provide you that information.
    Sr Management is clueless about technologies and PMO office expects you to do their job.
    They way things are done are so backwards and the applications I supported were not being monitored. Our business partners had to inform us of when something was not performing correctly.

Yes we are contractors, but show us the same respect you do your full time employees.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T