AT&T

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Not a full-timer

Former Employee - Software Test Engineer in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Software Test Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at AT&T as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Well-defined responsibilities as a contractor.

Cons

Very top down approach with daily operations.

Connect more with front-line staff.

5844 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Not worth the time

I worked at AT&T

Pros

The pay is pretty decent compared to the cost of living, and my job feels extremely secure during trying times.

Cons

No free coffee at work; this is such a minor expense to keep your employees and guests comfortable.

For a telecommunications company, this a company that is very slow to change for the better; this includes a change in internal processes or company software upgrades. The company is also extremely large, so it is dizzying to find the right person to assist you; you're lucky to get ANYTHING done while working here.

The employ many contractors, and don't always hire them after the contract is over. I've seen them let go of contractors with an immense amount of knowledge...what a waste of time and money!

The constant gossip, bickering, and drama across organizations are extremely immature and reminiscent of high school. It's ridiculous hearing the stories and complaints I hear everyday, and some of the culprits are the mid-level managers.

All the cons I listed are very demoralizing to your employees. Please work towards a POSITIVE work environment, and do not breed the back-stabbing, negative environment we currently have.

I'm disappointed.

Former Employee - Instructional Designer in Plymouth, MI
    Former Employee - Instructional Designer in Plymouth, MI

I worked at AT&T as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

I made many professional contacts in the field and gained knowledge of the industry.

Cons

I never saw my "layoff" coming. I was told I had until sometime in 2014 and I was laid off in 2013.

You are cutting too many good employees. And, I'm not sure your early retirement idea is going to benefit the company.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T