AT&T

www.att.com

Not a full-timer

Former Employee - Software Test Engineer  in  Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Software Test Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at AT&T as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Well-defined responsibilities as a contractor.

Cons

Very top down approach with daily operations.

Connect more with front-line staff.

Other Reviews for AT&T

Not worth the time

I worked at AT&T

Pros

The pay is pretty decent compared to the cost of living, and my job feels extremely secure during trying times.

Cons

No free coffee at work; this is such a minor expense to keep your employees and guests comfortable.

For a telecommunications company, this a company that is very slow to change for the better; this includes a change in internal processes or company software upgrades. The company is also extremely large, so it is dizzying to find the right person to assist you; you're lucky to get ANYTHING done while working here.

The employ many contractors, and don't always hire them after the contract is over. I've seen them let go of contractors with an immense amount of knowledge...what a waste of time and money!

The constant gossip, bickering, and drama across organizations are extremely immature and reminiscent of high school. It's ridiculous hearing the stories and complaints I hear everyday, and some of the culprits are the mid-level managers.

All the cons I listed are very demoralizing to your employees. Please work towards a POSITIVE work environment, and do not breed the back-stabbing, negative environment we currently have.

Terrible Management and business structure

Current Employee - Small Business Account Manager
    Current Employee - Small Business Account Manager

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

AT&T compensates very well. They are a large company so you get the benefit for working for a well known brand, which looks great on a resume.

Cons

Heavy handed management, and ever-changing sales goals (over the past 4 months my goals have been raised 5 times. They raise goals in the MIDDLE of a month - after you already had set what you were going to be selling for that month, making it a mad scramble to try to hit goal). Sales goals are increasing while traffic is decreasing, making it so that people who used to be able to get over $2,000 in commission checks are lucky to get $600 now. A co-worker had her entire commission check set to $0.00 for the month of October... commission for October gets paid in December. This poor woman had no way to buy Christmas presents for her children this year. In addition - due to restructuring in recent months hundreds of people have lost their jobs.

Treat your employees as more than just cattle that are selling for you. Don't raise goals in the MIDDLE of a month.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T.

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!