There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Love my job but getting surplused in march

Current Employee - Service Technician
Current Employee - Service Technician

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Great pay good benefits love the work

Cons

big company just a number with no name no recoginition for good work only punishment for bad mostly unions fault all based on seniority not how good a job you do getting laid off not happy

Advice to Management

Dont lay me off also needs to realize condition of network quit puting bandaids on bullet wounds

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. AT&Terrible

Current Employee - RSC
    Current Employee - RSC

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

AT&T offers decent pay for retail, good health benefits, tuition reimbursement, two weeks paid vacation after 6 months, 401k match, and pension after 3 years.

Cons

Too many to describe. Middle management is full of BS. They tell you only what they need to in order to calm you down without giving specific and clear answers. Commission has been consistently cut over the last 3 years. Pressure to hit newly created quotas increases every day. They fail to recognize achievements and education in regards to promotions. There is no internal transfer process between AT&T divisions. All in all, my time at this company feels like a waste of the last 3 years of my life. I can't wait until the recession is over an other companies start hiring young educated professionals again.

Advice to Management

Quit trying to force your employees to increase quarterly growth at ridiculously high rates. If you want stability and professionalism then you need to start respecting your customer-facing employees.

2. Working at at&t mobility

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

at&t can be a good place to work at as a sales consultant because you can make a pretty decent salary and earn some nice commissions as well, and the benefits aren't to bad either.

Cons

pressure to hit quotas that don't really benefit the salesperson, and the reduction in our commissions pay out, its like you have to work twice as hard to make half the money we used to.

Advice to Management

They need to appreciate and compensate their front line better.