AT&T

www.att.com
  www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

TDP Network Operations program.

Current Employee - Senior Specialist Systems Administrator in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Senior Specialist Systems Administrator in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great training, great co-workers, flexible schedule, great benefits. Network operations is casual dress, meaning jeans everyday.

Cons

Some divisions seem to have a more "old school" mentality toward dress and flexible schedules, but all indications from up the ladder are that the company as a whole is moving toward remote work and more forward thinking policies. Local office is not the most up to date.

Keep moving forward and focus on attracting and keeping young talent.

6250 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Some great people are inhibited by a dictatorial management style

Former Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Redmond, WA

I worked at AT&T as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great variety of contractors, most attempting to build collegiate working environment.

Cons

FTE and contract managers are both incompetent and severely controlling, enforcing substandard process to protect their management position. Hair-trigger reaction to normal SOP questions. No standards, inept reports with meaningless data, most designed to protect project management. Beware. They'll make you the problem if you rock the obfuscation boat.

Bring some contractors in for a 1 on 1 and ask the right questions, your productivity is about 20% thanks to WHOLLY unqualified managers that cover for each other. I knew this day 1, and observed obsequious sycophancy; it grew worse as I pushed for transparency in reporting work, including insight into SOPs and "tracking reports" Check Rally: 2 year backlog, no report to show even 40 hours of work in 6 months for any given employee.

Disappointed

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Miami, FL

I have been working at AT&T full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If one is desperately in need of a paycheck, I'd advise to accept employment. This is only on the grounds that the newly employed individual keeps searching for better opportunity.

Cons

Initially, the company requires it sales employees to purchase their own work uniforms, in strict violation of Florida Labor Laws. They occasionally alter hours worked and commission pay-outs on paychecks. The claim is made that there are "charge backs" for commission, but proof of charge backs are never provided. The charge back experience wasn't even my own; I observed this occur with a co-worker.
    The company also demands customers to sign a 'Line Activation Agreement' when a customer gets a phone from stock, as opposed to shipping direct fulfillment from AT&T HQ. The agreement contains credit card information, which is then filed away. This is obviously an illegal practice, since US Law changed on credit card information storage. I find it abhorrent that the company does this.
    I'm certain that many other legal lines are crossed over by the company, but just haven't had the chance to view it yet

I think this section would be pointless, as I doubt employees are taken into consideration.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T