AT&T

www.att.com
  www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Good company to work for

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Durham, NC
Current Employee - Finance Manager in Durham, NC

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Possibilities exist if you are flexible

Cons

Limited possibilities in some geographical areas

6250 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Working For AT&T

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent Salary. Telecommuting available for some positions. Opportunities for career growth.

Cons

Too many re-organizations. Too many layoffs. Too many positions offshored and outsourced. Management is selected and expected to perform work of Vocational employees when they go on strike. Management and the Vocational position do not necessarily have to be in the same department or city. Strike duty sometimes last weeks if not months. This obligation can be very challenging for a family especially when the vocational position is in a different city.

Horrific

Former Employee - Leveraged Service Representative in Kirkwood, MO
    Former Employee - Leveraged Service Representative in Kirkwood, MO

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

AT&T does pay VERY well and has excellent benefits---but you better be ready to go through hell and have 0 family life because of it.

Cons

This was by far my worst career choice. I was blinded by the amount of money they offered. I worked in a call center in Kirkwood, MO. It was a retention call center that handled 1000's of calls daily. You were yelled at and threatened daily--not only by the customers. Management looked over your shoulder constantly and micro-managed regularly. You had absurd sales goals on top of having to retain customers who were ticked at the company. On top of all of this, you were surveyed regularly by these callers who were angry at AT&T and the surveys reflected on you, and you alone. Your job was held over your head on a regular basis. Everything was based on seniority with the company--which is fine, and I get it, but come on...if you wanted a Saturday off, you would have to offer your first born child. I worked there for nearly 3 years, and I could count on one hand how many Saturdays I actually acquired. Vacation was offered, however, if you were low on the totem pole, be ready for your week vacations to be in October or February. Be ready for your other days off to be on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. Friday, Saturdays and Monday's were always taken before you would get your crack. I had 0 family life. Mandatory overtime was given every single week I worked there. I worked from 8.30am to 7.15pm EVERY SINGLE DAY. I can honestly say that 80% of the call centers employees were either on some sort of anxiety medication or had taken stress leave. Yes, stress leave! I would say 50% of the employees took stress leave at least once a year. It is the most stressful job you will ever have in your life. You can make upwards of 70K a year, but you better be ready to hand your soul over to the devil.

Be better to your employees--how they succeed reflects on how well you manage. Threatening them on a daily basis does not work well.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T