There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Terrible

Former Employee - Premise Technician in Columbus, OH
Former Employee - Premise Technician in Columbus, OH

I worked at AT&T full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people are pretty cool

Cons

Over worked and Under paid

Provide upward mobility

reviews filtered by
  1. Great Pay, But Ended Up HATING The Job

Former Employee - Residential Customer Service Representative (Call Center) in Rohnert Park, CA

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent pay, excellent and full health benefits, Union job (so Union representation/support), mostly enjoyed my co-workers.

Cons

Offering stellar services where they are not available (or on-the-fringe-of-availability), thus REPEATEDLY increasing angry call volume and customer dissatisfaction; retention call center with angry customer after angry customer after promotion-shopping customer after angry customer after promotion-shopping customer after angry customer day in and day out was WAY too much... and the company just keeps creating AND feeding the monster with multiple tech visits when the service isn't really ready in that area yet and with keeping the promotion-shopping customer appeased with more and more limited time promotions, thus PREPARING THEM to NOT want to see the value in and pay the full price for the service. Ridiculous... and nearly every one of my co-workers I spoke with before and after leaving HATED the job, too (because of those very things and the nastiness of the customers calling to cancel or finagle)... and have repeatedly shared it's only gotten worse since I left. One more con... stringent rules/standards of certain things that "HAVE" to be said on "EVERY" call or else one could eventually receive poor evaluations and possibly end up getting fired... except - of course - for the star sellers who can say very questionable things to the customer AND skip or paraphrase the "mandatory" disclosures when they wanted... and still get high marks on their manager observations... because they are high sellers.

Lighten up on all the mandatory things your reps must say on every phone call to avoid getting dinged (and eventually walked out the door), lighten up on all the stinkin' promotions that practically beg the customer to call back in every time they expire to get another one, stop selling services in areas that are out of range, and if there has to be a retention-only call center (which I DON'T recommend, but if there HAS to be), then the reps needs A LOT more debrief time. But ultimately, the corporate monster needs to stop feeding the greedy customer monster.

2. Retail Sales Manager

I worked at AT&T

Pros

The company provides decent benefits and tuition reimbursement. This is a stable company in which employees are able to grow to a certain extent.

Cons

Management is always changing and so are the regulations.
    People move up not due to their hardwork but who they know. (I've seen this happen all over the NY district throughout my 3 + years there.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T