There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Job Security but getting anything done takes patience

Current Employee - Director in Redmond, WA
Current Employee - Director in Redmond, WA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Big company with many opportunities to learn new things, network, and grow. A technology leader and many jobs allow a great view of what's happening across the industry. Great people and most teams have work life balance. If you don't like your job or get bored, it's easy to find other interesting jobs across the company. There's always something new and interesting popping up and often offering work experience that's very valuable in the industry.

Cons

Big company with tons of bureaucracy and politics, especially in corporate and leadership positions. Tons and tons of internal company processes with many "boards" to approve every possible angle of a project. Old school when it comes to workplace hierarchy but can vary from organization to organization. There aren't going to be many company sponsored celebrations like Christmas parties and company picnics. So don't work here if you love that stuff. It's all about getting the work done for as little as expense as possible. That's not only reflected in the project budgets, but also the facilities, annual raises, and lack of investment in tools.

Advice to Management

Find ways to empower your people. Massive amounts of time and energy are spent on internal processes which zap away employee motivation and project momentum. It's created a culture of CYA instead of inspiring people to move the company forward every day. After a few years, most people get beat down by "the system".

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. They don't treat their employees very well

Current Employee - Art Director in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Art Director in Bothell, WA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

AT&T is a large company so there's something to be said about the stability a position with them provides.

Cons

Very few paid holidays (5), no office perks (coffee, etc.), salaries are not competitive, management is more interested in taking care of themselves and their superiors instead of the teams they're supposed to be overseeing.

Advice to Management

Take more of an interest in your own employees. There's something to be said about how the company is struggling since they aren't willing to compensate employees in a manner that would make them WANT to work for AT&T.

2. Its all about the numbers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A regular paycheck, and marginally good benefits. Still attempting to understand the rationale of a team who's most important bragging rights is how long they have been with the company..

Cons

Not at all satisfied employee. My personal manager has yet to ever thank me, or acknowledge any of my efforts. My clients love me, and regularly request my services. Yet my boss has said "I hate it when they do that" Regularly plays favorites, with her employees.

Advice to Management

The introduction of Bellsouth management has adversely affected morale, The MSOC processes have resulted in fear driven management. My psychiatrist has acknowledged the change in culture, as her client base has skyrocketed. Follow UPS's lead and dump MSOC. Customer service cannot be reduced to a process, I have worked for over 30 years, held executive positions, and have never been so disrespected. I would have terminated my AD and Director many years ago. Incompetent, disrespectful, with no human touch..