AT&T

www.att.com

So much potential, we just need to execute on it.

Current Employee - Director  in  Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

Pros

Good benefits, a chance to explore a multitude of different parts of the business if the opportunities are presented, a very interesting and dynamic industry where the company has positioned itself well for long term growth.

Cons

Politics, bureaucracy, silos, and the typical issues you'd deal with in any company that employs 300,000+ employees. Our senior officer core group of leadership has defined a path forward that makes sense, but our junior officer and VP ranks don't always have the business accumen to execute on what's been set as our course.

Making the move to Dallas was a big first step towards truly walking the talk on leaving behind our stagnant culture. We need to make this move not just about geography but also truly a mindset within the company. We need to clean house on some corporate overhead as the move occurs, and we need to continue to attract talent from outside because we can't breed all leadership internally on key components. Our biggest change needs to occur in our HR measurements and talent evaluation. We can't keep compensating everyone on the same bonus structure with a little sprinkle on top for the top percentile, and we need to engrain a system that moves the middle and incents bottom performers to find a new job elsewhere. Top performers continue to grow weary of being treated the same as those that underperform, and without a more objective means of identifying talent and grooming it to lead the business in the future, we're going to find ourselves in an even bigger crunch for innovative and dynamic leaders than we already have today.

Other reviews for AT&T

Bring back the old AT&T

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Piscataway, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

Pros

Branding and marketing of Iphone

Cons

legacy AT&T treated people much better - have taken 10 steps backwards w/benefits, promotional encouragement and opportunities

No longer Bell system - supposed to be a communications company - need to treat employees and customers much better - bottom line is important but too much cost cutting is affecting employee morale very seriously

AT&T A Work In Progress

Current Employee - Technical Architect  in  San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Architect in San Ramon, CA

Pros

If you want a wide variety of different areas to work in AT&T is very large allowing for many different positions within the same company.

Cons

It is very fragmented and has a number of issues with communication. Also the overall work environment is not the best even among other top tier companies.

There has to be more communication around vision, tying tactical/operational decisions to this vision, and a shared concern about the business and it's initiatives not just what is considered hot right now to the exclusion of all else.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T.

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!