Fair

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Orlando, FL

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Driven sales associates only: If you're ok with ever changing goals for new products this is a good job. The benefits are good. The pay is generous given the level of expertise expected prior to employment.

Cons

Training is a bit rosy in comparison to the actual experience of working with upper management and their goals process.

Advice to Management

This is a customer service industry. The device ubiquity has turned you and your competition to mostly dumb pipes. With that in mind what will ultimately set you apart from the rest is customer experience. Unfortunately, when you put your goals to the point where sales people have no choice but to forego experience over results it only increases your churn.

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. Glad I got out now

Former Employee - Customer Service Technician in Canoga Park, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Technician in Canoga Park, CA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I worked here for the better part of 20 years. The only reason I stuck around for that long was because the pay was so good. I took night classes at Pierce College (a 2-yr) and Cal St. Northridge (4-yr) before calling it quits. The only reason I stayed so long was the money.

Cons

Staying motivated in the face of stupidity. Management is simply a roadblock to progress.

Advice to Management

Show some backbone when making gutsy calls. Don't be afraid to lead. Listen to what goes on at the lower levels, you know, from the people who actually make contact with the customers and are on the front lines. Just because you've had a nice cozy monopoly for the last 100 years doesn't mean you can sit back and not invest in the infrastructure today. Glad I'm out before Google Fiber comes to town.

2. Low moral, rely heavily on metrics that can sometimes not serve much of a purpose

Former Employee - NOC Network Analyst in Wichita Falls, TX
    Former Employee - NOC Network Analyst in Wichita Falls, TX

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and union supported employees that take a stand to resolve issues

Cons

Managers were distant. I began feeling like a number, and everything was determined by a ranking system opposed to your positive attitude, potential and willingness to learn new things.

Advice to Management

Pat on the back every once in a while? Sometimes I begin to wonder if you all only visit us when something goes wrong... never just because things are going extremely well, right.