AT&T

High paced sales environment

Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant  in  Tulsa, OK
Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great product and network you can rely on

Cons

Retail sales are cut throat. Tenured employees are favoured despite their lack of productivity

Make people feel like they have a career with your company

5653 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Now a better place to work

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits and some managers are really good. I had very good co-workers especially former BellSouth colleagues and managers.

Cons

Between 2006 and 2007 the company was going through integrating 3 companies (SBC, AT&T & BellSouth) to form the new AT&T. Many people were jockeying for positions and friendships that led to chaos, back-biting and back stabbing (it was a bad case of cancer). My manager was one of those that were very tough on his race while fine with others. Processes were not fully explained and you got no feedback until you get dinged on your review. I wish BellSouth had acquired AT&T.......

Make employees feel they have careers and not jobs.

Declining incentives with positions at AT&T

Current Employee - AT&T Sales Representative
    Current Employee - AT&T Sales Representative

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Strong innovation and vision. Strategic shift to a technology company will be a good one.

Cons

Declining incentives and zero regard for employees on the front line. Transitions to Leverage Rep positions and as much non-company outsourcing as possible.

Regarding the Service Representative position. Within the past 10 years incentives have decreased by at least 90%.This is no longer the great company to retire from that it was even 15-20 years ago. This is no longer a position that rewards going above and beyond targets. Awards per Q's are a joke and an obvious way for the company to save more money all the while reducing what little incentives are left in this position. More and more knowledgeable employees are leaving. It seems that upper management has no concept of what it is losing versus what they gain with their data by hiring non-employees reps here in the U.S. and abroad. Customers can recognize the decline of Customer Service and knowledge and more and more will move their service away to Cable and GOOGLE FIBER. Best of luck to our company if the trends that I outlines above does not shift back to an upward graph instead of a declining one.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!