Consumer Sales/Retention

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice co-workers,pay and benefits are great.

Cons

Management is horrible they have their favorites and please don't ever get sick they will find any excuse to fire you a very stressful and sometimes volatile environment

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. Excellent Quality Service

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Pueblo, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Pueblo, CO

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has a competitive edge and provides the best communication service. It meets the promises made and goes above and beyond requested. There is plenty of personal growth that can give an employee a professional competitive edge.

Cons

The company has many avenues of service and a great leaning curve. AT&T provides many types of training in every position, compensation for insurance and 401K has a higher increase, and AT&T provides many opportunities for advancement.

Advice to Management

AT&T provides the service it promises to deliver.

2. Large Company with excellent compensation, resources, and opportunity

Current Employee - Senior Training Manager - Design in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Training Manager - Design in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Total Compensation (especially salary) is better than or par for the market. There is an extensive set of experienced employees, resources, and programs available to help you grow professionally. AT&T is always on the bleeding edge of technology and we are always looking to innovate with forward-thinking products and services. For me this is a huge advantage, because it makes the work intriguing and fresh. In my particular work group, the work-life balance is exceptional and I have a great team of colleagues.

Cons

Large companies are less nimble and agile. Unfortunately, this means that things that should be quick decisions can drag out longer than they should. This issue has been addressed with leadership and hopefully we can galvanize organizational change. Hand and hand with this are the politics that can often arise in large organizations.

Advice to Management

Be deliberate and granularly detailed with the organizational changes we are about to enact. During the process, remember to consider and consult with the front and middle level managers that make the company what it is and whom will carry it, going forward.