There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Well paid slave labor meant to lure people in that can be controlled solely by pay rate and not working conditions.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee

I worked at AT&T

Pros

The money was great. Great medical. The working environment was more or less good too until we were moved back to our Trade st office. Very old building with bad air circulation.

Cons

Ridiculous truition. Guidelines set by management set to strict presets so no breathing room while talking with customers over phone for account issues and the like are allowed. Every call recorded and critiqued. 90% of management does not know what theyre doing and the other 10% are so stressed from upper management to lower employee numbers that they stay quiet and avoid standing out from other managers and participate in witch hunt.

Advice to ManagementAdvice

Relax. Not everyone there wants yo take advantage of the company. Ease up in recording all calls and Representatives so they can do job properly instead of fearing more about following transcript to avoid messing up and then losing their job if a step is missed...this isn't a life /death situation, its a damn phone bill.

reviews filtered by
  • Any Location
  • Any Job Title
  1. 3 people found this helpful

    Standard Big Corporation

    • Comp & Benefits
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Senior Management
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Seattle, WA

    I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 3 years)

    Pros

    The compensation is very good, even as an entry level sales representative. The pay gets even better at management level, which is competitive and typically takes a few years to get into, even if you are excellent. Health benefits are good at entry level (when you are unionized), and decent as management. Management tends to be pretty forward-thinking (for the most part). If you work with the right people, this job can be an excellent time.

    Cons

    Scheduling is NOT flexible, and you may have to fight to get your allotted time off when you want it. You must be prepared to work weekends and holidays. It is not a "possibility," it is an "inevitability." (The stores are closed for major holidays, however, and they will typically pay you double time for other holidays). Promotions are touchy - I've seen a few people get screwed over. Be prepared for corporate politics. You must put on a game face and be very positive in light of certain things that might not be very ethical. You're either a "team player" or you aren't, and if you offend the wrong people, your job is toast. Trust me.

    Advice to ManagementAdvice

    Be sure to always be ethical in your decision-making. Also, lead by example. Don't engage in unethical behavior and then fire others for similar behavior (I am not referring to myself, but co-workers that were treated unfairly).

    Recommends
    Neutral Outlook
    Approves of CEO
  2. 1 person found this helpful

    Plenty of room to grow!

    • Comp & Benefits
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Senior Management
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Irving, TX

    I have been working at AT&T full-time (less than a year)

    Pros

    I really love my job. I started as a Retail Sales Consultant in March and have been impressed with the company from the start. I had a month of training which is so wonderful! There is plenty of opportunity for growth as well.

    Cons

    It is retail so you have retail hours. The schedule is on a bidding system so as a newbie you will get nights and weekends.

    Advice to ManagementAdvice

    I love my management team.

    Recommends
    Positive Outlook
    Approves of CEO
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Work at AT&T? Share Your Experiences

AT&T

 
Click to Rate
or

Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.