Excellent Career Company

Former Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in New Orleans, LA
Former Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in New Orleans, LA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This is a company with many venues for career advancement

Cons

This is a very diverse company and you need to be willing to take charge.

Advice to Management

Great Company. This company keeps ahead of the market and is seen as a Leader in many industries

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Greedy Corporation - Miserable Employees

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I get 50% off my cell phone and home service bill, other than that, None anymore. I loved this job when I started almost three years ago, now I rather go work at McDonalds!

Cons

Pay has went down every month, the goals get higher and higher every month, even when you're not hitting them, and the pay continue to goes down. I've been threatened to be fired by my area manager over something completely out of my control, I get talked down and treated like a child every day, when I'm a manager myself. The company sets unrealistic goals it knows no one can hit, than wants its employees written up and terminated. The turnover rate is getting to be out of control. The company is to big for its own good! The left hand has no clue what the right hand is doing. There is too many different departments, that transfer you from one rep to another rep, than hang up on you. Customer service is a joke anymore, they send customers into the store for issues we have no ability to fix or control, and for the issues we do have control over to fix, we're not allowed to credit this or fix that, because we will show up on a report and then lose our jobs. They have the reps juggling several different areas, and on top of that, forcing them to lie to customers about installing applications and on trade ins and accessories and other areas, yet when management is caught, they play dumb. I'm looking for new jobs as I write this, I can't stand this company anymore. Which really depresses me, because I wanted to make a career with AT&T.

Advice to Management

Stop being so goddamn greedy! You push and push and push so much on the reps and the store managers, and the pay hasn't went up any! Yet all the goals have and continue to do so. The companys vision has changed from cell phones, to Digital Life, UVerse, The Connected Car, and this vision they have for 2020 that is insane. We should be focused on now, and helping our current customers out, yet we leave them out to dry, and lie and rip them and our new customers off. All this company cares about anymore is how to make its already fat wallet, even fatter.

2. Call Center Slavery

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Birmingham, AL

I worked at AT&T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

--Co-workers are awesome --Great Compensation and benefits --Office culture is pretty laid back

Cons

--Absolutely no work-life balance (ATT Call Center is the new "slavery") --Over half of the coaching staff does not have higher educations much less should be allowed to "manage" people --Goals are ridiculous --It takes YEARS (3+) to get any kind of promotion --Some of the regional trainers are great but the new younger ones that know the system are lazy --The Birmingham call center is right above a lake and in the forest so the office always had some kind of infestation -- The cafeteria is a HEALTH HAZZARD which was shut down and replaced with vending machines --They have people come in the office and sell home and fashion goods.. GHEETTOOO

Advice to Management

INVEST IN YOUR EMPLOYEES. If you worried about keeping your existing employees as much as you do about "keeping" existing customers, ATT might actually stand a chance. Just a bunch of corporate liars.