AT&T

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

NEPOTIST HIRING PRACTICES.

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Redmond, WA
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Redmond, WA

I worked at AT&T as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Casual mentality. People like to dress up. Family oriented in a big way. Nice locations. If you're Indian, you'll fit in just fine. Diversity seems to flourish here. The workload is well thought out. Most managers are very nice and easy to get along with.

Cons

No flex time. Strict break and lunch times are ridiculous. No cafeteria. Temporary Agencies kind of ruin everything. Nepotism is very high at this Corporation. Hiring is based on how your relatives are within the company, regardless of experience. I've seen a school teacher hired for Software engineering and was trained to do her job, and even though she was slow and terrible at it, they kept her on, because her husband was a Project manager. They cram 12 people into an office created for 2.

Hire based on skills not on your personal preferences.
Stop the nepotism.
Flex time.
Cafeteria.
Stop cramming a bunch of people into tiny rooms, so ridiculous.

5662 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Corporate at it's best!

Former Employee - Business Sales Leadership Development Program  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Business Sales Leadership Development Program in Atlanta, GA

I worked at AT&T full-time for less than a year

Pros

The brand, coworkers, pay, and discounts.

Cons

There are so many levels to this company that it is sickening. Maybe I'm just used to working in an open door environment but there's just too many people to go through to get something done. On top of all that mess there is about a million systems that you have to learn how to navigate. As such an innovative company I feel they should have a better way of streamlining all of these systems.

AT&T is big on diversity but as a person of color, I did tend to be "picked" on a lot. If it was just me I'd leave at that but this is incorporating reviews that I've gotten from coworkers who were there before me. Overall it was a really stressful environment but not because of the workload, more so the expectations they had of a black employee. If your too quiet, your angry, if your too loud, your "typical". It's hard to find a balance when the cards are stacked against you.

You are not God's gift to earth. Learn how to manage your people with out the stick up your behind. No one cares how long you've been at the company. If the "knowledge" you are providing me with isn't relevant anymore then guess what... you aren't relevant either.

enlightening

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

good benefits, flexible work schedule, many company perks and discount opportunities.

Cons

not a "family friendly" workplace

Adopt more of the policies that were in place as legacy AT&T and remove the SBC guidelines that were brought on-board after the merger. Legacy AT&T was a much better company to work for as a whole.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!