There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

NEPOTIST HIRING PRACTICES.

Former Contractor - Software Engineer in Redmond, WA
Former Contractor - Software Engineer in Redmond, WA

I worked at AT&T as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Casual mentality. People like to dress up. Family oriented in a big way. Nice locations. If you're Indian, you'll fit in just fine. Diversity seems to flourish here. The workload is well thought out. Most managers are very nice and easy to get along with.

Cons

No flex time. Strict break and lunch times are ridiculous. No cafeteria. Temporary Agencies kind of ruin everything. Nepotism is very high at this Corporation. Hiring is based on how your relatives are within the company, regardless of experience. I've seen a school teacher hired for Software engineering and was trained to do her job, and even though she was slow and terrible at it, they kept her on, because her husband was a Project manager. They cram 12 people into an office created for 2.

Advice to Management

Hire based on skills not on your personal preferences.
Stop the nepotism.
Flex time.
Cafeteria.
Stop cramming a bunch of people into tiny rooms, so ridiculous.

reviews filtered by

Just don't do it !!

Former Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A great company if you want to have a long lasting career. Only !! if you rub elbows with the right people. You can make allot of money at AT&T if you are crazy about sales and you are willing to let it consume your life. If you get upper brass to like you... you are good.

Cons

Everything else.
     I have seen some of the worst Corporate politics you could imagine. I had a co-worker who started the same time that I did. But, His mother works at AT&T corporate near Lenox mall. And she new the Upper brass of AT&T personally. Next thing I knew he was an assistant manager over people that had worked for AT&T for much longer than he had and was more qualified.
    The work schedule is terrible. You will never get 2 days off back-to-back and you will always have to work weekends and holidays. AT&T has a no vacation black out period after Halloween or the first week of November. So, your not going to be with your family for Thanksgiving and Christmas regardless of how much vacation time or seniority you have.
    The store I worked at was terrible. I loved my co-workers and assistant managers. But, It seemed like the top brass was there almost every other week. Just to Nit-pick something about you or your store. They always found something wrong something that the store was doing. No, matter how well the store was doing. Also, my store had allot of older senior sales associates. We had a new manager in the store every 6 months. And their mission was to get the older senior people OUT. I saw people keep their job while being under the influence of drugs. Then At&t would fire another person because they didn't hit some sales goals because "upper management" found something not like about that person. If the upper brass doesn't like you. You are as good as fired. Oh and the Union is a complete Joke !! They only fight for you if you pay your dues. I can go on and on. But, AT&T is not the company people paint it out to be.
     Like I said. Just don't do it !!

2. Horrible!!!!

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Nothing besides nice co workers

Cons

AT&T is a cult. It is the worst place I have ever worked. Management is allowed to harrass you and treat you like you are nothing. You get verbally and mentally abused. Most employees who work there have to be on medication. The lazier and more unethical you are the faster you get promoted. A certain manager steals, does drugs and uses reps as pawns in a sick game and keeps gettting promoted. The more you report it the more they do it. There is no work life balance except for the managers. AT&T does not want you to suceed or do well.

Advice to Management

Stop letting lazy unethical people get away with everyhting and hold good hardworking people accountable for everything. Stop letting there be so much retaliation. As a company it claims there is no retaliation but theie definatly is.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T