AT&T

www.att.com
  www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Not a great place to start a career

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant  in  Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Seattle, WA

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than a year

Pros

benefits, ok compensation at the time I worked there. Commission structure was ok (although it changed every month). great co workers

Cons

retail at at&t is horrible. They play favorites with employee's and not based on performance. Management was young and had no idea had to run a team. lack of opportunity

hire/promote better management. Raise bar for new employee's

5653 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Good experience but thats about it

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good health benefits and 401k

Cons

Long hours and if you have a bad manager your screwed

open up all parts of the company for jobs

The Poster Child for What is Wrong in Corporate America

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

AT&T provides great health benefits. It also makes serious investments in employees' career and personal development with a wide array of programs and regular opportunities for interaction with key executives. Flexible work schedules and the ability to work from home if need be are also valued.

Cons

Unfortunately, the negatives vastly outweigh the positives. Where do I even begin? AT&T is in a constant state of flux with non-stop budget cuts, re-orgs and layoffs - even when financial results are strong. It makes for a very discouraging and dis-heartening work environment. To add insult to injury, upper management takes advantage of the situation and uses fear as a means of "motivating" employees. And those "lucky" enough to keep their job get caught in a vicious cycle - continually having to do more and more work with fewer and fewer resources. It's nothing short of an abusive relationship. Part of every employee's daily responsibilities is avoiding political land mines - watch every word you say and how you say it. Good luck trying to change the completely reactive corporate culture! And don't even get me started on our dolt of a CEO who doesn't generate an idea of his own - except when he sets off on one of his vanity projects and tries to pull off a mega merger.

Stop trying to preserve your turf and listen to your employee's recommendations. Stop being so resistant to changing a reactive culture. Start treating employees with respect by removing fear of losing one's job as "incentive" to do what you want them to. Eliminate this culture of constant uncertainty that hangs over our heads like a dark cloud.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!