AT&T

www.att.com
  www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Great pay, terrible everything else.

Former Employee - Sales Associate
Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The pay is fantastic if for Sales Associates. Union job means you only work 37.5 hrs a week or you get time and 1/2.

Cons

There haven't been any new Sales Associates in years. Now they only hire Sales Consultants. Way less pay. The salary is low, with potential for big payout, except for the 'qualifers'. If you miss one unit of something it can cost you thousands in commissions.

Learn to appreciate your people instead of treating them like convicts. The guilty until proven innocent approach doesn't work. There is a culture of constantly trying to find fault with everything we do. Guess what? If you look hard enough you will always find it. Perfection is an ideal that can't be upheld.

5656 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Only if you have no other offers

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Enterprise Sales in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Decent pay and benefits but it stops right there- absolutely no frills - not coffee or a desk.

Cons

Horrible upper management. They think like a cable company because they are a cable company. Cheap as day is long - had to be embarrassed into giving decent cell discounts to employees after employees started bailing to TMobile for personal service.

Promote sales people instead of bean counters to upper management.

Greedy Corporation - Miserable Employees

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than a year

Pros

I get 50% off my cell phone and home service bill, other than that, None anymore. I loved this job when I started almost three years ago, now I rather go work at McDonalds!

Cons

Pay has went down every month, the goals get higher and higher every month, even when you're not hitting them, and the pay continue to goes down. I've been threatened to be fired by my area manager over something completely out of my control, I get talked down and treated like a child every day, when I'm a manager myself. The company sets unrealistic goals it knows no one can hit, than wants its employees written up and terminated. The turnover rate is getting to be out of control. The company is to big for its own good! The left hand has no clue what the right hand is doing. There is too many different departments, that transfer you from one rep to another rep, than hang up on you. Customer service is a joke anymore, they send customers into the store for issues we have no ability to fix or control, and for the issues we do have control over to fix, we're not allowed to credit this or fix that, because we will show up on a report and then lose our jobs. They have the reps juggling several different areas, and on top of that, forcing them to lie to customers about installing applications and on trade ins and accessories and other areas, yet when management is caught, they play dumb. I'm looking for new jobs as I write this, I can't stand this company anymore. Which really depresses me, because I wanted to make a career with AT&T.

Stop being so goddamn greedy! You push and push and push so much on the reps and the store managers, and the pay hasn't went up any! Yet all the goals have and continue to do so. The companys vision has changed from cell phones, to Digital Life, UVerse, The Connected Car, and this vision they have for 2020 that is insane. We should be focused on now, and helping our current customers out, yet we leave them out to dry, and lie and rip them and our new customers off. All this company cares about anymore is how to make its already fat wallet, even fatter.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!