Solid Company Moving Fast

Current Employee - Retail Store Manager
Current Employee - Retail Store Manager

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The work is challenging, with great perks, frequent new toys, and competitive pay. This is not the 'phone company' any longer. There are strong initiatives to change the internal culture, prepare the workforce for the future and advance the brand. They are committed to providing a great customer experience and leading the industry in innovation.

Cons

In my experience corporate leadership is solid but local leadership can sometimes be too focused on fire drills. Performance is often determined with a 'what have you done for me lately?' attitude because there is such a strong focus on delivering numbers every quarter, month, week, day and even by the hour. Retail hours can always be tough and here is the same. Working nearly every weekend with 11-13 hour days throughout the week. And if you're short staffed (which is most of the time), as an RSM you are responsible to deliver results and pick up the slack. I work in a strong performing and competitive region and this often causes challenges with promotion when you are no willing to relocate.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Well managed compnay

I worked at AT&T

Pros

clear direction, regular performance reviews, career counseling

Cons

work life balance, limited training

In my 2nd full year with AT&T I made it to the Summit; the top 2% in sales for the company.

Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This job can be everything you want it to be as long as you put in the effort to perform at your best each and every day.

Cons

Working with the public can often be a daunting task but as long as you maintain a positive attitude you can overcome any issue.

Advice to Management

Make sure everyone is treated fairly and evenly; this will foster positive feelings and less desention.