AT&T

www.att.com
  www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Back to customer service basics.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - Account Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

I feel ATT is by far the best and most stable telecommunications to work for these days. This gives some people piece of mind but piece of mind doesn't cut it most days.

Cons

Working for ATT is like working for 10 different companies, since SBC purchased ATT, not much has been done to make the many different companies streamlined. ATT tries to make it appear that we're one big company but that is the furthest from the truth. I regularly hear from Legacy-T support folks that it is a LEC problem when we're the LEC. Nothing makes a customers blood boil more than hearing that. Upper level management need to take a long hard look at where this company is going. Its been said that ATT is defining the market and that customer will pay more for the customer service and the Network. We may have the Network but if the customer support isn't there what’s the point?

Get away from the Legacy-T mentality that you will do it ATT's way or not at all and on ATT's time frame.

6084 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

What happened to the real AT&T

Current Employee - Network Operations Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Network Operations Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Cant seem to think of any.

Cons

Craft employess have no responsibilities, get better benefits, get paid overtime. Managers with no employees under them get paid OT(or can't work more than 40), while those managers with more responsibilities and craft employees under them get no OT but are expected to work 12+ hour days.

Wake up and understand what your managers are doing in thier jobs. Start having respect for the individual and for their families. Your best people now have the lowest morale, and you need to make an effort to find out why.

Used to be a great place to work.

Current Employee - Service Order Specialist in New London, CT
    Current Employee - Service Order Specialist in New London, CT

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Decent pay. The benefits are good, however that will probably change when the new contract is reached. There a re a lot of good people working at the phone company, and there are still remnants of the old work ethic left. Vacation time is generous, however it can be difficult to take your vacation due to "needs of the business"

Cons

In Connecticut, there is little change for advancement due to the fact that the company is moving work out of state. Morale is really down, due to what seems like monthly surplussing of jobs. Company focus is totally on numbers (sales, productivity) and customer service has gone by the wayside.

Consider the value of having a local workforce in place who knows the customers and used to be a proud and dedicated workforce before being slowly and painfully downsized. Customer service has suffered gravely in the face of "centralization"

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T