There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Back to customer service basics.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - Account Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

I feel ATT is by far the best and most stable telecommunications to work for these days. This gives some people piece of mind but piece of mind doesn't cut it most days.

Cons

Working for ATT is like working for 10 different companies, since SBC purchased ATT, not much has been done to make the many different companies streamlined. ATT tries to make it appear that we're one big company but that is the furthest from the truth. I regularly hear from Legacy-T support folks that it is a LEC problem when we're the LEC. Nothing makes a customers blood boil more than hearing that. Upper level management need to take a long hard look at where this company is going. Its been said that ATT is defining the market and that customer will pay more for the customer service and the Network. We may have the Network but if the customer support isn't there what’s the point?

Advice to Management

Get away from the Legacy-T mentality that you will do it ATT's way or not at all and on ATT's time frame.

reviews filtered by
  1. Reality at ATT

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at AT&T

Pros

Name recognition of the company. ATT is a huge company and can lead to some pretty big opportunities elsewhere by brand recognition alone.

Cons

Bottom line - it's about the company. Ask the majority of the workers here and they will tell you upper management does not hold the employees as their best asset. You do get good product benefits, but they sure do like hacking pension, insurance, bonuses, options... should I go on?

Advice to Management

Take a few minutes to think about employees.

Uneducated power hungry management

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Irvine, CA

I worked at AT&T

Pros

Experience with many different types of people in a high speed sales environment. Learn how to deal with a hardball style of management. Very social environment.

Cons

Old school type of management, pay scale on a constant downward spiral, they make you work more and get paid less. Unrealistic expectations and goals. Commissions are paid on feature sales mostly. You get charged back on your paycheck for 6 months after you make a sale. Feature codes and pricing is changed about every three months. If your customer goes to a different At&t out of convenience. Every sales person step one is to look at features on the customers account. If the feature code has changed, you end up owing At&t money and someone else steals your commissions. You spend half of your sale times checking your charge backs, When your feature sales drops it affects your percentage which affects your overall pay. our managers treated us like we were bad sales people, but, would not let us spend anytime trying to fix our chargebacks.

Advice to Management

Learn to stop micro managing. Appreciate your employees who get you paid.