There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Back to customer service basics.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - Account Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

I feel ATT is by far the best and most stable telecommunications to work for these days. This gives some people piece of mind but piece of mind doesn't cut it most days.

Cons

Working for ATT is like working for 10 different companies, since SBC purchased ATT, not much has been done to make the many different companies streamlined. ATT tries to make it appear that we're one big company but that is the furthest from the truth. I regularly hear from Legacy-T support folks that it is a LEC problem when we're the LEC. Nothing makes a customers blood boil more than hearing that. Upper level management need to take a long hard look at where this company is going. Its been said that ATT is defining the market and that customer will pay more for the customer service and the Network. We may have the Network but if the customer support isn't there what’s the point?

Get away from the Legacy-T mentality that you will do it ATT's way or not at all and on ATT's time frame.

reviews filtered by
  1. Reality at ATT

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at AT&T

Pros

Name recognition of the company. ATT is a huge company and can lead to some pretty big opportunities elsewhere by brand recognition alone.

Cons

Bottom line - it's about the company. Ask the majority of the workers here and they will tell you upper management does not hold the employees as their best asset. You do get good product benefits, but they sure do like hacking pension, insurance, bonuses, options... should I go on?

Take a few minutes to think about employees.

2. Stop the chaos!

Current Employee - Senior IT Business Manager
    Current Employee - Senior IT Business Manager

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Current benefits are ok, but are on the decline.

Cons

Very poor upper management direction.

Don't advise employees their not making their goals and then don't share the goals with them! When polices are made and published, stick to them! Don't make major decisions on a shoestring timetable.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T