AT&T

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Funnels and Egos

Current Employee - Associate Director in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Associate Director in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Brand Recognition and the people I work with

Cons

Sr and Leadership mgmt ego driven strategies'
Too many decison makers not any ability to take risks
Departments are siloed

Allow your employees to drive and not micro manage; don't leave us powerless;stop promoting bullies

6230 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Absolute Worst Job of My Career

Former Employee - AT&T NOC Technician in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - AT&T NOC Technician in Atlanta, GA

I worked at AT&T

Pros

Pay and benefits are better than most.

Cons

I worked in the Atlanta NOC for 5 years supporting multi-million dollar business and government customers (router and internet connection support). Management ran this group into the ground...no plan, no ideas and no leadership. We had no training or development, and received very poor support from the higher Tier support groups (which should have helped develop the group). With the phone constantly ringing due to not enough people, it was nearly impossible to learn "on the job." Management was focussed on numbers, how many calls or tickets did someone work. They did not look at if the problem got fixed or if the customer was satisfied (in many cases no). Management did not respect or reward good work. I had to endure working horrible shifts due to my low seniority and it being a 24/7 center. When I was on 2nd shift, the manager would try to force me to work a double shift by 'forgetting' to schedule a next/3rd shift. There was no opportunity for advancement because upper management would not release us (the immediate managers would lie and deny this). Management generally behaved nasty towards their people, and would make themselves look good by making the people under them look bad (office politics at its worst). All in all, a horrible job and experience. This is not how a Telecom leader should be run.

AT&T needs better management/leadership. Just because someone is good at the B.S. does not mean they will be a good manager. They need to listen and understand what their people are doing.A better evaluation process would help identify the ones that need to go.

Good company , good pay Huge Burocracy

Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Miami, FL

I worked at AT&T

Pros

Job Stability , great benefits , freedom to do your own work, depending on the manager you will be micro managed

Cons

Big Burocracy , upper managemnet does not understand the needs of customers

Listen to the needs of customers and remember that customer do not give a deam about the heritage of AT&T . Th customers care about what is in it for me?

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T