There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

A good place to work....

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

There are good opportunities for advancement and upwards (and lateral) movement if you are within the management ranks (up to 2nd line management, 3rd line and above positions are rarely filled without a person being groomed for that specific position). Benefits are decent compared to others.

Cons

If you are a union member, it is much harder to move into management (within the last 5 years) than it previously was. While benefits are good, costs have severely increased over the last several years. Sales and marketing personnel are the first to go with any round of layoffs (in most cases), not saying this is bad unless you are in Sales/Marketing. Senior leadership does not have an accurate view of how projects are going and seem to have no interest in the real story (until the problem is in the media).

Advice to Management

Recognition and morale programs need to be re-started to improve morale and increase productivity.

reviews filtered by
  1. My glass if half full. I spend the majority of my waking day here and intend to for quite sometime...why not a career?

Current Employee - Associate Director in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Director in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

The corporate culture, while the company may be HUGE (300,000+ employees and a global presence) the leadership is still empowered to treat their organizations/employees with a personal touch. like a smaller company would. Tough decisions have to made but the execution is fair.

Cons

Legacy...systems, leadership, unwritten rules. Adoption of change can be tough on anyone but sometimes enable ourselves to resist it unnecesarily.

Advice to Management

Keep talking, even if it's not good news you employee's want to know the why behind the decisions. We're big kids, we can handle it!

2. Some interesting project but there are better technology companies.

Current Employee - Security Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Security Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

U-verse, Mobility (Cingular) and Internet services are great places to work for now where the money is being spent.

Cons

Old school telco mentality. There is an enormous amount of red tape and bureaucracy around every corner. There will be further staff reductions as a part of "merger synergies". I'd stay away from any job dealing with IT / back end support systems. If you're a top end technology person in your field there are better choices for places to work.

Advice to Management

The Senior Management should be more in tune with current technologies and shed the 125 year old telco mentality.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T