AT&T

www.att.com
  www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

It's not a bad place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

The work is easy.
The salary is nice for a temporary job
The people, although they don't get along with each other, are very decent to me personally.
The bosses are really decent and seem to try to look out for the people who work under them.

Cons

This company is not bringing on anyone full time. Apparently EVER at this location. Although the compensation and benefits for full time employees is excellent, it does not appear that anyone new will be able to take advantage of it. Ironic considering the profits that this company is enjoying and how HORRIBLY short on staff this building is.

As with a lot of union shops, for every 10 good workers there are 1 or 2 bad workers. Being a facility with union workers, management is limited in what they can or cannot do however there has to be a way to make sure that petty infighting and reasonable minimum standards of performance are reached without disrupting the flow of how things are between labor and management. I am very pro union, unfortunately they protect the lazy as well as the hard working.

6250 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Went from GREAT (Cingular) to WTF??!!

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Telecommuting is all I can think about to be honest. Great place to work if you don't mind being stagnant for a decade or more.

Cons

No career path
    Poor talent retention
    Offshore outsourcing to people with no talent

This place used to be great. Happy to come to work and proud to wear the badge. Talented Engineers were recognized and compensated and now they are leaving because they have no growth path, lack of training and the constant outsourcing to India with less talented people.

Listen to your Engineers and stop buying junk equipment to save a buck. Your network and customers will suffer as a result. 2 week outages to save $200k on the front end costed you millions in downtime, but you are still buying the same equipment? Why?!

Unfortunate

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Akron, OH

I worked at AT&T

Pros

Decent pay for an entry level position: If you are a top tier sales rep you can make $60K plus. Additionally, you get to work with the latest technologies in the wireless business. Most of the time you work with a lot of great co-workers.

Cons

No work/life balance, you have to deal with the most ridiculous customers who have this sense of entitlement I have never experienced anywhere at any time in my life, you get content with your position if you're a good rep. For instance you're making $60K which is more than either your assistant or store manager so you have no reason to get promoted and assume a lot more responsibility for a lot less pay. The absolute worst, most disgraceful thing about the position is this: This is supposed to be a sales position. You have 9 different quotas that you have to attain and exceed. It doesn't matter how well you do in these sales metrics if you do not obtain something called "CFT" which is a good customer feedback rating of 90% every month. That means 90% of your customers have to give you a 9 or 10 out of 10 survey score every month. Mind you, these surveys are supposed to be about you as a rep NOT about AT&T as a company. The majority of customers leave negative comments about AT&T not you but it is still held against you. The best thing about it? There is nothing you or your management team can do about it. No disputing it or anything like that.

I was the best rep at my store, in my district and top 5% in my entire region when it came to exceeding goals in all metrics and I was let go from the company because of what customers had to say about AT&T and their policies (of which I have no control over). Pretty pathetic company.

There is a huge disconnect between higher management and the "front lines" (retail channel). The fact that the people who are putting the most money in their pockets are the ones getting let go over surveys is asinine.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T