There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

AT&T is overall a good company to work for.

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

You get great benefits and overall the job is not too stressful. I enjoy being an RSC because I not think the job is too stressful and I enjoy being at work. In my store pretty much all the reps get along and help each other out, so this job has not only been a great way to make money but it has also been a great way to make friends. Customers usually are pretty good to work with so it is really rewarding when they are satisfied with their service and products. This job has given me many skills that I plan to use for the rest of my life.

Cons

I hate having to work on weekends and that is what you have to do in order to make money because that is when all the customers come. I also hate when customers are rude or difficult to work with. Sometimes they treat you so poorly like you are not even worthy to speak with them. They also lie all the time to try to get us to bend our policy. I also don’t like having to stand up for eight hours. I feet and legs hurt when I get home.

To try to know everyone on a personal level

reviews filtered by
  1. Fairly reliable employment, not a lot of upward mobility outside sales, a bit too conservative

Current Employee - Proposal Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Proposal Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

AT&T offers fairly good pay and reasonable benefits. There is also usually an annual bonus, amounting to 11-14% of your salary for first and second level managers. It's an international company, so there are opportunities to work with people all over the nation, and overseas. As one of the winners in the telecommunications shake-out, the company has a good base of income, and they are also trying to expand into new lines of business, such as TV. There are opportunities for upward mobility and lateral moves, but they are somewhat limited outside of Sales titles. Conservative accounting, so accounting scandal is unlikely.

Cons

Boring industry, very conservative. Raises have gotten worse and worse since I've been there. Last year was less than the cost of living increase. Benefits have also gotten worse. Healthcare is more expensive, and their tuition program, which used to be good, is now very limited. Also, they are very cautious about telecommuting. There is very little room for upward mobility or lateral moves outside of sales. They are headquartered in Dallas, a city totally lacking in natural charms. The new CEO is an accounting nerd. The direction of the company seems solid, but it's too early to tell if Randall will succeed.

That's outside my paygrade.

2. GREAT

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Fair Leadership
    Great Labor Union realtionship
    Great resources

Cons

Multi-tasking on the jobs
    It is a great place to work, but require quite too many things to Customer Service Reps.

More training for Service Reps on Technical Troubleshooting