AT&T

www.att.com
  www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

AT&T is overall a good company to work for.

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

You get great benefits and overall the job is not too stressful. I enjoy being an RSC because I not think the job is too stressful and I enjoy being at work. In my store pretty much all the reps get along and help each other out, so this job has not only been a great way to make money but it has also been a great way to make friends. Customers usually are pretty good to work with so it is really rewarding when they are satisfied with their service and products. This job has given me many skills that I plan to use for the rest of my life.

Cons

I hate having to work on weekends and that is what you have to do in order to make money because that is when all the customers come. I also hate when customers are rude or difficult to work with. Sometimes they treat you so poorly like you are not even worthy to speak with them. They also lie all the time to try to get us to bend our policy. I also don’t like having to stand up for eight hours. I feet and legs hurt when I get home.

To try to know everyone on a personal level

6250 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Love it!

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Great money! Fun, fast paced work environment with potential for advancement. Most managers are hired internally. In my market, they are awesome about working around my school schedule and provide tuition reimbursement. I am always carrying the newest phone or data device and am provided a company phone, as well as offered two personal lines at a discounted rate.

Cons

The retail environment makes it difficult to travel for holidays and depending on staffing, there are little opportunities for weekends off. Although we are supposed to get our schedule a month in advance, there are always last minute changes to the schedule and the union contract allows this based on "business needs" ... the schedule is not bad as long as you are willing to be flexible and don't mind being on your feet or long hours.

Communicate WHY you decide to make certain changes. If you convince us that there's reasoning behind the initiaves, we will be far more likely to make them happen!

Fairly reliable employment, not a lot of upward mobility outside sales, a bit too conservative

Current Employee - Proposal Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Proposal Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

AT&T offers fairly good pay and reasonable benefits. There is also usually an annual bonus, amounting to 11-14% of your salary for first and second level managers. It's an international company, so there are opportunities to work with people all over the nation, and overseas. As one of the winners in the telecommunications shake-out, the company has a good base of income, and they are also trying to expand into new lines of business, such as TV. There are opportunities for upward mobility and lateral moves, but they are somewhat limited outside of Sales titles. Conservative accounting, so accounting scandal is unlikely.

Cons

Boring industry, very conservative. Raises have gotten worse and worse since I've been there. Last year was less than the cost of living increase. Benefits have also gotten worse. Healthcare is more expensive, and their tuition program, which used to be good, is now very limited. Also, they are very cautious about telecommuting. There is very little room for upward mobility or lateral moves outside of sales. They are headquartered in Dallas, a city totally lacking in natural charms. The new CEO is an accounting nerd. The direction of the company seems solid, but it's too early to tell if Randall will succeed.

That's outside my paygrade.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T