ATC Associates

There are newer employer reviews for ATC Associates

A good steppingstone

Current Employee - Staff Scientist
Current Employee - Staff Scientist

I have been working at ATC Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A good place to gain experience. Friendly project managers. Flexibility in schedule.

Cons

Poor pay. Poor corporate structure in regards to career growth (ie mentorships, additional training). Slim to no chance of raises. Poor communication and attitude from office manager that flows downhill.

Give respect and appreciation to your workers

23 Other Employee Reviews for ATC Associates (View Most Recent)

Materials Testing Technician

I worked at ATC Associates

Pros

None, got to drive my own car.

Cons

They are not to be trusted. They make you work in hot and uncomfortable positions and will then come in and turn off the fan. They don't give over time and a down right rude. I wouldn't recommend to my worst enimies. They

Make serious changes to the Highland Indiana branch.

If you get an offer...DECLINE!

Former Employee - Staff Scientist
    Former Employee - Staff Scientist

I worked at ATC Associates full-time

Pros

This job will give you a skewed version of how the environmental consulting business functions in this economy. Skewed in the sense that this job essentially stunk! But sticking with the Pros, you will have the opportunity to work for high-profile clients and hopefully stay busy if you are under a director that can bring in work. You get access to places that people don't usually get access to, such as the roof of a high-rise building. You get to work as a team and also do projects yourself, and you get a cubicle! If you want a job where you don't mind traveling and driving a lot...this job maybe tolerable for you. You are paid back somewhat for travel, but trust me, a job with this company is a joke.

Cons

The comments that I've seen on Glassdoor are identical to the experience I had with the company. Let me give you a slew of reasons why this company is far from worth it:

1)The pay for Industrial Hygienists is very low. The workers (laborers) that abate the materials get paid only a couple bucks less than you an hour...and you probably have a college degree.
    2) Management treats field staff like disposable workers. Basically you are paid to drive and do the mindless (often disrespected) work at job sites.
    3) Commuting is a pain in the behind.
    4) If you are not a good fit for management, does not matter how hard you try...you will get cut in a pretty ruthless way.
    5) Of course, in every job you have to exceed expectations of the employer, but in my experience, you had to play brown noser to management...or good luck enjoying life
    6) The company is falling apart. Even though it was bought out by Cardno, managers and field staff are leaving left and right. Absolutely NOT a steady job.
    7) The site contacts you meet and tenants you encounter at the job sites don't really respect your field and often look down upon you. Your contacts are often maintenance, so there you go.
    8) The actual field work is mindless and not fulfilling at all. At least with Industrial Hygiene, you just collect samples of drywall and what not and run bulky air pumps.
    9) You will get little to no training. Expect to somehow know everything and not make a mistake, get thrown into these high pressure jobs, and get blamed for EVERYTHING...especially if you are brand new to the biz.
    10) You will get yelled at my management, by workers (yes workers), supervisors, people who are the same rank as you, and essentially everyone!
    11) If you think people have your back, don't because with this small company and small offices, it's a dog-eat-dog world. You should feel that you are being rewarded for the good job you do, not ridiculed because you are simply at the wrong place at the wrong time and blamed for something else. Good thing I did not sue.
    12) From what I saw at my office, the treatment of women and men is absolutely not the same/fair. It seems, at least with my division, that women were hired as quickly as they were fired...sucked for them.
    13) Management thinks they're all that and a bag of chips even though practically every division has less than 10 people.
    14) Some equipment that you are given are outdated. Quality does not really matter with this company, just results and money.
    15) You will deliver reports for high-profile clients when, again, you have little to no training with understanding the results, verbiage, and Federal and State Laws.
    16) Upward movement is a pipe dream. Again with small offices and people leaving left and right, good luck with having any hope in becoming more than a technician....with lousy pay.

Trust me, there are far more Cons than Pros with this job. This company is not stable and it's essentially a JOKE. Look for something else....that will be worth it.

Treat your employees with respect and maybe they will stop leaving the company.

There are newer employer reviews for ATC Associates