ATCIC
www.integralcare.org Austin, TX 150 to 499 Employees

Working in the Mental Health Field

Behavior Specialist (Former Employee)
Austin, TX

ProsWorking at ATCMHMR was a positive experience in that one is able to provide social services to clientele who benefit greatly from a structured, experienced support system. Family and friends are often unavailable or suffer from burn out and cannot effectively support the client in achieving and maintaining optimal functioning and health in the community. The knowledge base and contacts available at ATCMHMR are extensive even though funding for mental health treatment has historically been insufficient to meet the needs of the community.

ConsTurnover of staff is high, pay for social work is low, and the stress of attempting to manage medications, treatment, and problem behaviors can become overwhelming when programs are undermanned and underfunded.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees like gold and offer as much support for them as possible. Be on the lookout for possible employee burn out and fight for increased funding so that service provision runs as smoothly as possible.

Work was stimulating and rewarding

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at ATCIC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Senior level Managers were supportive Cons: Work/ Life Balance and compensation could improve Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A very stressful, toxic workplace

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at ATCIC

Pros: From my work experience there, I don't have much positive… Cons: Poor management; supervisor was abusive, biased and oppressive. Advice to Senior Management: I would focus on employee's former experiences if they are applying for a position; my supervisor clearly didn't have the skills to do the job… More
There are newer reviews on ATCIC.

Worked for ATCIC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ATCIC reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by ATCIC employees.