There are newer employer reviews for ATCO

"A navigational hazard in an ocean of employers"

Former Employee - Accountant in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
Former Employee - Accountant in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I worked at ATCO

Pros

The salary and benifits are very competitve

Cons

Work life Balance is definately not a priority. With the high salaries come an expectation that they can call on you 24/7. No boundaries appeared to exist.

Lack of goals or objectives, performance evaluations, and career development programs. In over two years I did not have a set of objectives on which a constructive evaluation could be completed. The attitude of "You shouldn't have to be told if you are doing a good job" seemed to prevail.

Poor leadership from middle management. Many middle managers lacked common sense leadership and people skills. What would have worked on an employee from 20 years ago will not work on today's employees.

Corporate culture is change resistant. "Thats the way that we've always done it" is the battle cry when new ideas arise.

Visible lack of respect for non-professionals or union employees. Senior mangement has created a hostile environment of us vs them rather then fostering a we're in it together spirit.

Advice to Management

Read the every exit interview to gain insight on how middle mangement is really doing.

reviews filtered by

Working hard

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I have been working at ATCO

Pros

There is always something new to learn. The people are a key reason for my continued career at ATCO.

Cons

The workload is incredible. Recruitment and retention is a key priority for the company but it doesn't make it any easier to hire resources and take some of the pressure off those of us still working here.

Advice to Management

Less work, more flexibility.

Dissastisfied

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at ATCO

Pros

Opportunity to learn new things.

Cons

The management and reporting structures don't make any sense.

Advice to Management

Take into account the amount and quality of work that is done by someone instead of how long the person has been with the company. Do more to get rid of the ineffective people and more to keep the effective people.

There are newer employer reviews for ATCO