ATCO

www.atco.ca
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for ATCO

Working hard

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I have been working at ATCO

Pros

There is always something new to learn. The people are a key reason for my continued career at ATCO.

Cons

The workload is incredible. Recruitment and retention is a key priority for the company but it doesn't make it any easier to hire resources and take some of the pressure off those of us still working here.

Less work, more flexibility.

37 Other Employee Reviews for ATCO (View Most Recent)

Pay is good but if you want any sort of job satisfaction, STAY AWAY!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at ATCO

Pros

The only reason someone would want to work for ATCO is money. Plain and simple. And in speaking to the money, it's not even that great. We are talking middle of the pack, never an industry leader. Always a follower and as of late, there are zero perks. I mean nothing. No external health subsidy (ie. gym membership), no flex time, no telecommuting, no nothing. Standard 3 weeks vacation to start and no increase until 8 years in. As recognition, we got a freaking ugly yellow jacket for the 75th anniversary of the company. The place just smacks of discontent.

Cons

Brutal management and no training whatsoever. They throw you in the deep end and expect you to swim.

Train people.

Ample opportunity if you enjoy a mid-range salary, average benefits and old school operation.

Current Employee - Analyst in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Analyst in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at ATCO

Pros

There is ample stability and opportunity with the diverse ATCO companies, allowing for someone to work in different industries and companies over their career. ATCO is a company that encourages and supports community involvement, and the people of ATCO always seem to have some initiative to raise funds for charitable organizations.

Cons

Often times the advantage of being in a stable working environment is used as an argument against receiving competitive compensation and attracting and retaining the younger generation is seemingly difficult. The culture is generally quite 'old school' and change can be slow and painful depending on the company or department you work in. Though people do move between companies quite often, the process of doing so is loosely defined and challenging to navigate.

Engage the people of ATCO and listen to what they have to say, it may promote healthy change.

There are newer employer reviews for ATCO