There are newer employer reviews for ATI Allvac

Pretty Good Job

Former Employee - Maintenance Assistant in Monroe, NC
Former Employee - Maintenance Assistant in Monroe, NC

I worked at ATI Allvac full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Benefits, Good Pay, Several Different Departments, Room for Advancing, Quarterly Bonuses, Can get job through employment agency, 4 different shifts

Cons

lots of manual labor for most jobs, was getting hit hard by economy recession when I worked there, inhaled a lot of metal dust, extreme heat in some buildings, strict policies, uncomfortable uniform

Good Job Making It Through The Lay-Offs. You've done well at recovering the previous pay and bonuses we were use to getting.

4 Other Employee Reviews for ATI Allvac (View Most Recent)

Great company

Former Employee - Process Engineer in Monroe, NC
    Former Employee - Process Engineer in Monroe, NC

I worked at ATI Allvac full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Employees get great health plan coverage, 401k match, company stock program, and performance bonuses when times are good. The company is full of good people who work well as a team. It is a well-established, competitive, and cutting-edge company that invests in the newest technology, and provides opportunities for performers who desire new challenges.

Cons

The Metallurgical Engineering staff was often bullied by leadership in other groups of the company, especially Sales and Operations, and their worth is often questioned, even though they are what keeps the company competitive through technical innovation, creativity, product development, and cost savings. The Metallurgical Engineering staff performs tasks that should be relegated to other job functions and areas (and are in other companies), and is very thin compared to that of other similar companies, such as Carpenter Technologies. Most of my colleagues and peers had workloads that were pretty ridiculous. At the time I left, I was doing the work of 2.5 engineers, without hint of a true raise for nearly two years. I was also getting paid considerably less than my peers at the competition. There was also a bit of cronyism that went on while I was there. I hear that has changed but I have no first-hand knowledge.

Hire more metallurgists, and give the ones you have more respect, because they are what keeps the company competitive. CarTech employs nearly twice as many as Allvac does, and is in a better position to compete as a result of the value it places on its technical staff. Get rid of the leeches, there are many in the ranks, some in positions of high authority.

i drove heavy equipment and a over head crane.

Former Employee - Machine Operator in Lancaster, SC
    Former Employee - Machine Operator in Lancaster, SC

I worked at ATI Allvac full-time (more than an year)

Pros

it was a good work place.

Cons

we did a lot of work for the government

looking for a career and a good work place

There are newer employer reviews for ATI Allvac