Overworked for minimum wage

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador/Campaign and Events Marketing Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I worked at ATL Events Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-The morning meetings are really great. But they are honestly used to keep you feeling like you can keep going to Sam's club to sell stuff.
-You get every other Monday off. And the Monday you work, you get your pay check.
-You can quit without a 2 week notice. Because so many people find out this is not the job for them.
-The people who work there are really nice.
-Some of the products are really cool.
-Teaches you to be more positive

Cons

-Long work days 8:40a-7p or later, once you get promoted, you may have to come in earlier. On set up days you have to get to the Roswell location at 5p and you may not get home til 1am or later.
-You drive a lot! You have to drive to the Roswell location Monday- Saturday and then go to the store which could be more than 50 miles away. And if you are not scheduled to work right after the meeting, you don't get your gas stipend.
-You have to stand in Sam's Club, Kroger all day and try and get people to buy products that they don't really need.
-They want you to take short breaks so you can get back to the selling floor.
-You have to memorize their marketing systems verbatim, because everyday you will get grilled and tested on them.
-When you get promoted you have to do more work with no pay raise.
-As we all know, standing on your feet all day does hurt.
-There are no benefits.
-You get paid $7.25 if you don't hit or exceed your goal ($600-800) or you get commission if you hit or exceed your goal.
-Your bi-weekly paycheck varies from $400-700
-You are taught to embellish the truth when talking about products that are sometimes cheaply made and crappy.
Honestly if you don't want to be over exerted, underappreciated, and underpaid don't work here!

Advice to Management

You guys need to be more honest with people when you hire.

ATL Events Group Response

Sep 22, 2014Human Resources Manager

ATL Events Group is a promotional advertising firm that represents globally recognized companies. We are passionate about creating innovative strategies for our clients and a positive work ... More

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great environment & lots to learn

I have been working at ATL Events Group (More than a year)

Pros

I've made some of my closest friends while working with ATL Events Group including people I've been able to mentor and those who have mentored me. I enjoy spending time with my coworkers including my supervisors (which is quite different from previous workplaces). I've also had the opportunity to travel in this position (Dallas, Houston, Cancun, Montego Bay, Cleveland).

Cons

It's a busy workplace with a lot of responsibility. It's always necessary to be in a good mood and have a great attitude.

My experience was good :)

I worked at ATL Events Group

Pros

I worked for ATL for only 3 months until I had to relocate because of my husband's job. The team there was outgoing, fun, welcoming, and cool. My manager never scheduled me more than 40 hours and I made better pay than any other jobs I worked. I don't have anything negative to say

Cons

some weekend work here or there