There are newer employer reviews for AVA.ai

Great software jobs in Bellingham

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at AVA.ai full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent benefits and a strong developer culture. Developers work well together and have each other's backs when something goes wrong. Constantly evaluating and incorporating new software technologies.

Cons

Rapid change can leads to bugs and bad data. System runs 24x7, so when things go wrong developers are expected to correct problems before quitting work.

Announce (and explain) organizational and policy changes farther in advance.

18 Other Employee Reviews for AVA.ai (View Most Recent)

Great Idea, Horrible Execution

I have been working at AVA.ai full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people on the peer level, snacks and lunches provided, good location, quality health benefits.

Cons

With management that puts immediate profit before long-term gains, this place looks great until you actually have to interact with upper management or executives. Forward-thinking ideas are shelved indefinitely in favor of making a quick buck, and employees are hired (and kept) based on how little they are willing to work for or who they know more than proof of skill or experience.
    Constant possibility of being fired at any moment based on a double standard of high and unclear expectations and little to no direction, time, or budget.
    Leave your standards at the door if you want to get paid.

Concentrate on making a product worth selling before you try to sell it, and learn utilize the actual skill-sets of your employees instead of forcing them into positions where they are bound to under-perform.

Constant fear of being fired for no reason with no notice

I have been working at AVA.ai full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free food and drinks (including beer on tap). Great medical/dental benefits. Interesting and challenging work.

Cons

Pay isn't very good. People are set up to fail and then fired when they don't measure up. A few months ago they fired a guy for coming down with diabetes and then gave a bogus reason for letting him go (I know the details, but won't tell). I've had diabetes since I was a child and I'm deathly afraid that management will find out and fire me too.

Pay people decently. Stop trying to set people up to fail. Have your lawyers explain the ADA to you again.

There are newer employer reviews for AVA.ai

Worked for AVA.ai? Contribute to the Community!