AVG Technologies

www.avg.com
There are newer employer reviews for AVG Technologies

Uncertain environment, frequent change

I have been working at AVG Technologies

Pros

Base pay and benefits are good for me and for the role. Office location is nice for people that do not live in the city.

Cons

uncertain environment in the office. Productivity driven by fear and high goals to earn bonuses. Bonus is very hard to earn and seems not achievabl, no one is getting paid and no change is in sight.

Try to drive results like a real manager and build team spirit thru something other than fear. People work harder if they understand what they are supposed to do and who they are supposed to be working with.

65 Other Employee Reviews for AVG Technologies (View Most Recent)

Lack of direction, care, understanding, and competence.

I have been working at AVG Technologies

Pros

Benefit package is good, product has brand awareness with prospects which make conversations easier to have. Getting an interview and getting hired was a breeze.

Cons

Lack of management understanding of the business, customer, interest in serving the customer, lack of management communication to anyone but direct reports, no accountability amongst management team members. As another reviewed wrote, this business won't last long with this management team.

Keep the customers we have while working to acquire new ones, don't just ignore the ones we have. Gain some knowledge of the security & technology field we serve. Learn how to communicate and boost morale within a team. Hold management team members to high standards & enforce accountability.

Quite a bit of room for improvement.

I have been working at AVG Technologies

Pros

Some great people here who really try hard. Excellent feedback on some of the technologies/products compared to larger AV vendors.

Cons

Getting anything done can be a real challenge. Morale does not seem to be a primary focus. Overall strategy seems to change frequently. Open cubicle set-up can be very loud/distracting. No privacy.

Improve communication, follow up on promises made, provide mentorship where needed, encourage those who may be struggling and incent people financially.

There are newer employer reviews for AVG Technologies