AVG Technologies

Lacks Management direction and support

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

I worked at AVG Technologies

Pros

The organization has good benefits that dont cost the employees any money on a weekly payroll deduction. That being said there are very high co pays and not the best options. You get what you pay for.

Cons

The Management team is very weak and inexperienced. The technology enjoys good name recognition but there is absolutely no tech support available for the Sales Division. Upper Sales Management hired all of their friends and noone wants to work with the other departments. Very small office and very clicky. Very dysfunctional atmosphere. Dont expect them to be in US very long with this Management team.

Recognize that Sales drives revenue and that the US based Tech Support team Management is losing the Company hundreds of thousands in revenue. Treat employees with respect.

64 Other Employee Reviews for AVG Technologies (View Most Recent)

A company that is always on the move

Former Employee - Reseller Management in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Reseller Management in Orlando, FL

I worked at AVG Technologies

Pros

The office relocated from Orlando, FL to Chelmsford, MA so I don't know if these still hold true: Excellent benefits, bonuses (depending on department), casual work environment, free software

Cons

They seem to relocate the office every time someone new is hired for the top position at the North American office. (every 1 to 2 years) It would make more sense for the person hired to relocate than for that person to move the office closer to him. Or maybe they could hire someone that is local to the current office - gee that's an idea.

Moving the office often makes the company look unstable and it's not right to force your employees to resign at a time when good jobs are so hard to find. For the sake of the current employees, I hope the company is going to keep the current office open for a long time so they don't get screwed like so many others did.

More than I expected

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Prague (Czech Republic)

I have been working at AVG Technologies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

People are very professional, driven, but still friendly. The idea about the responsibilities I was given before I joined was accurate, and although it is a bigger challenge than I expected, I really like it here. All the people that I work with (and it's a lot!), are really helpful, even where I would not expect it really.
    The remuneration is good, benefits are wide, the working environment and culture is really nice.

Cons

Given the size of the company I think the organization structure could be simpler. Even after months I am discovering new people that I should take into account.

There are newer employer reviews for AVG Technologies