There are newer employer reviews for AVI-SPL

Opportunities!

I have been working at AVI-SPL full-time

Pros

Plenty of opportunities for those who look for them.

Cons

Company has a small footprint in some regions.

66 Other Employee Reviews for AVI-SPL (View Most Recent)

low wages benefits are not that great.

I worked at AVI-SPL full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

ok if you need a job.

Cons

Very hard to move up in the company depending on the department your in.

Frustration and disappointment.

Former Employee - Former Employee, Pre- and Post-merger - 6 Years
    Former Employee - Former Employee, Pre- and Post-merger - 6 Years

I worked at AVI-SPL

Pros

All in all, a pleasant enough work environment. I rarely had an issue with
    a co-worker. Benefits package was above average by current standards.
    Local management was understanding as regards vacation and personal time off.
    Got a pair of nice, new workshirts with the co. logo embroidered on them every 18 months or so.

Cons

Little to no room for career growth outside of technical positions.
    Field offices are desperately understaffed. Salaries not commensurate with
    management's performance expectations. Raises are basically non-existent. Performance appraisals are infrequent and slip-shod. In-house training program is abysmal. Their vaunted program consists of first-come/first-serve, vendor supplied classes. Company would rather
    hire from the outside than train and promote from within. Difficult to transfer across department lines, ex. office admin to engineering services, tech to sales, etc. Invariably, field offices are located in
    less than desirable neighborhoods. In lieu of maintaining adequate staffing levels, all employees are expected to "cover" the gaps, and perform duties outside of their job description, responsibility and ability.

Chad & Co. - Your employees are painfully aware that you are building an entity that will either go public or will be sold off to the highest bidder. Stop trying to build up "the numbers" and make the company look good on paper by skimping on hiring and payroll. If you are the industry leader, as so you say, then pay your people accordingly. The best people working for the best company should be getting the best pay and benefits.

Looking over my comments, I can see that I appear to have an ax to grind... not true. I left AVI-SPL on good terms, of my own accord, because the "cons" I've listed finally wore me down. I now work for a similar company, and couldn't be happier.

There are newer employer reviews for AVI-SPL

Worked for AVI-SPL? Contribute to the Community!