Simple opinion

Pros

good job environment and you can lern and grow up

Cons

bad salary, bad location, and bad security

Advice to Management

more respect for the employes

Other Employee Reviews for AVX

1. No future here

Pros

Competent co-workers, needed a job

Cons

Poor compensation compared to other similar companies in area.

Advice to Management

More respect for employees, better salaries would improve employee retention.

2. Applications Engineer and Labratory Manager

Former Employee - Senior Applications and Test Engineer in Rolling Meadows, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Applications and Test Engineer in Rolling Meadows, IL

I worked at AVX full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Got to meet many professionals and work with them on a business and technical level. We represented the cutting edge technology for crystals and many other timing device components. Since I was the technical representative for the company, the distance from my office to 90% of our customers was minimal. Was able to work with many bright professionals who knew their product and quick to adjust to a changing marketplace.

Cons

Many customers called me because they could not reach the people they needed within our organization at other locations. Associates would drop the ball or not read bulleted emails causing numerous lost opportunities. Being the only technical person in the America's for my product, there were no alternatives for me to call on when I was on vacation to cover for any issues. Management was always quibbling over reimbursements and vacation days making it difficult to plan any family time with any notice.

Advice to Management

Manage with known facts rather than emotions. Re-evaluate when new tolerances are required as to what impact that has on our product in the customer's design. Our product has the best build quality in the marketplace and there is no reason why there has to be spec issues. Find ways of getting calls and messages quickly forwarded to your proper professionals. Many customers want to give up and go elsewhere as they have no other choice.