There are newer employer reviews for AXA Advisors

Karr Barth/ AXA Advisors Interview Experience

Former Employee - Financial Advisor  in  Bala Cynwyd, PA
Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Bala Cynwyd, PA

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very nice building. Staff seemed satisfied and content.

Cons

This company goes by Karr Barth Associates and AXA Advisors. They called in about 5 of us for a group interview and gave us more information about the company. Then they said they would be selecting two or three of us to come back. All the other candidates, including myself, had their master's degrees and so did everyone else I spoke with at the company. This gave me a few shreds of hope. I was called in for a second interview to speak with the president and was eventually told that I would have to pay $650-800 to get licensed and that I would have to draw from my "natural market". For those of you who don't know, that is people that you know like your parents, family, and friends. After that, I was told that I could go for 4-5 weeks without receiving a paycheck "due to the peaks and valleys associated with this type of career". Also, they asked that I work until 8pm and come in on weekends because, "It's not a job, it's a career business". Additionally, the president who interviewed me was writing on my resume the entire time I was speaking to him and not making eye contact with me or showing any other social vital signs. I did confirm my third interview (which I will not show up for) to show them that they are not the only ones who can waste other peoples' time.Thanks for the false hope and wasting my gas money. Stay away from this place.

Get professional, it will help you not receive reviews like this.

288 Other Employee Reviews for AXA Advisors (View Most Recent)

Great experience and helpful people - working with Elisha Weiss at AXA Advisors

Current Employee - Financial Advisor Intern  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at AXA Advisors part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good and supportive environment to work and helpful people.
    You can learn how real financial advisors work at AXA (I've been working for Eli Weiss and Barry Rindenow) that will help you establish your career path.
    Solid training program.
    I have learned about various financial products.

Cons

The work is not easy, long hours, and sometimes difficult to understand.

successful or unsuccessful

Current Employee - Financial Advisor  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in New York, NY

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

you need to be perfect fit and if you are successful, you will be making good money

Cons

average person will not make in this business field

get rid of pushing employment to target natural market during their trainee and early year in this business.

There are newer employer reviews for AXA Advisors

Worked for AXA Advisors? Contribute to the Community!