AXA Advisors

www.axa-equitable.com/axa/careers/axa-advisors.html
Engaged Employer
There are newer employer reviews for AXA Advisors

Don't start your career here!

Current Contractor - Financial Advisor Trainee in New York, NY
Current Contractor - Financial Advisor Trainee in New York, NY

I have been working at AXA Advisors as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Sponsorship for Series 7, Series 66 and Life, Accident and Health exams.

Cons

Dishonest management Unknown fees- $400 to rent a desk every month + other fees like using AXA's website which they won't tell you in the hiring process incompetent HR-took over 6 weeks for one HR person to process my information so I could take my Series 7 Little to know training-In less you consider tactics of harassing people on the phone training You can't make a long distance call or print a piece of paper without AXA charging you If you sell brokerage you have to pay ALL of your own transaction fees Get ready to fork over 50% of your commissions to your supervisor when you're starting NO SALARY starting out-naturally when you're starting you'll need to pass your exams and build your book so don't count on AXA to get you through those first couple of months. Just so you know the average for starting brokers is anywhere from 300-1000 salary while training. They'll take anyone with a pulse off the street and hire them They're so desperate they reach out to people that have quit and try to get them back (I've probably received about 10+ phone calls from recruiters since I stopped working there). Also...before you start working there just google "AXA Advsors" you'll probably hear more of the same, but check out how many law suite they've been involved in.

Advice to Management

None, this company is hopeless.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great company, great employees, but hard so survive

Former Employee - Financial Consultant in Falls Church, VA
    Former Employee - Financial Consultant in Falls Church, VA

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of help and assistance from senior advisors

Cons

No base pay, but good commission schedule

Advice to Management

Install some sort of base pay.

Karr Barth/ AXA Advisors Interview Experience

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Bala Cynwyd, PA
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Bala Cynwyd, PA

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very nice building. Staff seemed satisfied and content.

Cons

This company goes by Karr Barth Associates and AXA Advisors. They called in about 5 of us for a group interview and gave us more information about the company. Then they said they would be selecting two or three of us to come back. All the other candidates, including myself, had their master's degrees and so did everyone else I spoke with at the company. This gave me a few shreds of hope. I was called in for a second interview to speak with the president and was eventually told that I would have to pay $650-800 to get licensed and that I would have to draw from my "natural market". For those of you who don't know, that is people that you know like your parents, family, and friends. After that, I was told that I could go for 4-5 weeks without receiving a paycheck "due to the peaks and valleys associated with this type of career". Also, they asked that I work until 8pm and come in on weekends because, "It's not a job, it's a career business". Additionally, the president who interviewed me was writing on my resume the entire time I was speaking to him and not making eye contact with me or showing any other social vital signs. I did confirm my third interview (which I will not show up for) to show them that they are not the only ones who can waste other peoples' time.Thanks for the false hope and wasting my gas money. Stay away from this place.

Advice to Management

Get professional, it will help you not receive reviews like this.