AXA Advisors
www.axa-equitable.com New York, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

Company with great (marketing) message but your success will depend a lot on your manager and your own personal drive

Financial Professional (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time for less than a year

ProsAXA Advisors is great at teaching concept/story selling to newcomers. They also have a strong line of (life) insurance and annuity products that makes the sale easy for the right clients. If you manage to pass the initial hurdle of $3,000 of production credits (6 month probation period), you will be given some form of salary (as a draw) that can extend up to 3 years. Benefits are pretty good too and includes a pension down the line. Depending on the office you are in, you can potentially have access to some very experienced advisors with whom you can partner with.

ConsIt is first and foremost a sales position. If you are in the traditional advisor position, be ready to start contacting all your friends and family to get you started in addition to going out and prospecting through networking or cold/warm calling. If you are in the 403(b) division, get ready to eat your pride and walk school campus with the hopes of meeting teachers even when school policy technically forbids you to be there. Thought you CAN have access to some very experienced advisors, they don't always seem to care about your success (which is kind of natural since I'm sure they see a lot of people come in and go). You really have to develop mentor and partner relationships early on if you want to succeed.

Also, AXA Advisors is primarily an insurance carrier. If you are big on investments through mutual funds, if you want to be more of a fee-based financial planner, AXA may not be the right place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementI was under a new district manager. He was a good sales guy... but he wasn't as good of a manager. Get new managers to have mentors of their own to ensure that he knows how to train newcomers efficiently. Also, to that manager, learn to spend more time with your "struggling" employees instead of dedicating most of your time with your rising stars. Some of the struggles I felt could have been easily resolved if he offered a little bit more guidance.

Don't start your career here!

Financial Advisor Trainee (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at AXA Advisors as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Sponsorship for Series 7, Series 66 and Life, Accident and… Cons: Dishonest management Unknown fees- $400 to rent a desk every month + other fees like using AXA's website which they won't tell you in the… Advice to Senior Management: None, this company is hopeless. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great company, great employees, but hard so survive

Financial Consultant (Former Employee)
Falls Church, VA

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time for more than a year

Pros: Lots of help and assistance from senior advisors Cons: No base pay, but good commission schedule Advice to Senior Management: Install some sort of base pay. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on AXA Advisors.

Worked for AXA Advisors? Contribute to the Community!

AXA Advisors – Why Work for Us?

What we stand for… We connect people in communities with financial services and products that help protect the futures they build for themselves and their families. At AXA Advisors, we work hard to help our financial… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AXA Advisors reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AXA Advisors CEO Henri de Castries. All reviews posted anonymously by AXA Advisors employees.