AXA Advisors

www.axa-equitable.com/axa/careers/axa-advisors.html
There are newer employer reviews for AXA Advisors

Company with great (marketing) message but your success will depend a lot on your manager and your own personal drive

Former Employee - Financial Professional in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Financial Professional in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time (less than a year)

Pros

AXA Advisors is great at teaching concept/story selling to newcomers. They also have a strong line of (life) insurance and annuity products that makes the sale easy for the right clients. If you manage to pass the initial hurdle of $3,000 of production credits (6 month probation period), you will be given some form of salary (as a draw) that can extend up to 3 years. Benefits are pretty good too and includes a pension down the line. Depending on the office you are in, you can potentially have access to some very experienced advisors with whom you can partner with.

Cons

It is first and foremost a sales position. If you are in the traditional advisor position, be ready to start contacting all your friends and family to get you started in addition to going out and prospecting through networking or cold/warm calling. If you are in the 403(b) division, get ready to eat your pride and walk school campus with the hopes of meeting teachers even when school policy technically forbids you to be there. Thought you CAN have access to some very experienced advisors, they don't always seem to care about your success (which is kind of natural since I'm sure they see a lot of people come in and go). You really have to develop mentor and partner relationships early on if you want to succeed.

Also, AXA Advisors is primarily an insurance carrier. If you are big on investments through mutual funds, if you want to be more of a fee-based financial planner, AXA may not be the right place for you.

I was under a new district manager. He was a good sales guy... but he wasn't as good of a manager. Get new managers to have mentors of their own to ensure that he knows how to train newcomers efficiently. Also, to that manager, learn to spend more time with your "struggling" employees instead of dedicating most of your time with your rising stars. Some of the struggles I felt could have been easily resolved if he offered a little bit more guidance.

336 Other Employee Reviews for AXA Advisors (View Most Recent)

Don't start your career here!

Current Employee - Financial Advisor Trainee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor Trainee in New York, NY

I have been working at AXA Advisors as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Sponsorship for Series 7, Series 66 and Life, Accident and Health exams.

Cons

Dishonest management
    Unknown fees- $400 to rent a desk every month + other fees like using AXA's website which they won't tell you in the hiring process
    incompetent HR-took over 6 weeks for one HR person to process my information so I could take my Series 7
    Little to know training-In less you consider tactics of harassing people on the phone training
    You can't make a long distance call or print a piece of paper without AXA charging you
    If you sell brokerage you have to pay ALL of your own transaction fees
    Get ready to fork over 50% of your commissions to your supervisor when you're starting
    NO SALARY starting out-naturally when you're starting you'll need to pass your exams and build your book so don't count on AXA to get you through those first couple of months. Just so you know the average for starting brokers is anywhere from 300-1000 salary while training.
    They'll take anyone with a pulse off the street and hire them
    They're so desperate they reach out to people that have quit and try to get them back (I've probably received about 10+ phone calls from recruiters since I stopped working there).
    Also...before you start working there just google "AXA Advsors" you'll probably hear more of the same, but check out how many law suite they've been involved in.

None, this company is hopeless.

Great company, great employees, but hard so survive

Former Employee - Financial Consultant in Falls Church, VA
    Former Employee - Financial Consultant in Falls Church, VA

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Lots of help and assistance from senior advisors

Cons

No base pay, but good commission schedule

Install some sort of base pay.

There are newer employer reviews for AXA Advisors