There are newer employer reviews for AXA Advisors

They get you off to a good start, then drop you for the next newbie.

Former Employee - Financial Consultant  in  Woodbridge, NJ
Former Employee - Financial Consultant in Woodbridge, NJ

I worked at AXA Advisors

Pros

Compensation is decent. They give a sizeable bonus on top of all production your first year, then scaled it down the second year, and the third. Fourth year becomes increasingly difficult to run a practice if you have not built a strong foundation of investment assets.

Cons

Management pushes Life Insurance and Annuities because it is the best up-front commissionable dollars for them. They suck you dry for your family, friends and energy then management leaves you be to wither away. Your incentive to bring in investible assets is minimal, as they do not train you for this, nor do they have knowledgeable investment head honcho's to assist you. After two-years with the company, I did not have a leg to stand on as I was attempting to continuously new clients. Most of the people I entered AXA with have left due to poor management, or just realizing that this is not the way to run a business.

I also received a letter in the mail from a law office, six months after leaving AXA. They state that I owe a significant amount of Pre-Paid Commissions paid by AXA to me, without them receiving payment from the policies that I was paid on. Now let's get this straight. I leave a company, six-months later they send a letter, not from their headquarters, but directly from a law-firm in New York. Sounds a little weird to me. I pulled in quite a bit of assets for them, and if you are to leave the firm and commissions have not paid out to you for a policy in under-writing, they keep the commissions, they don't send them to you. So why in the world, after I sold their products and made sure clients paid their premiums would they come after me now? A comapny with $2trillion of assets should realize that they sucked me and my family dry enough.

Wake up. You need to run a practice that doesn't allow your employees to look at each client as an annuity/life insurance sale. Focus on trying to retain consultants by pushing for asset management, not just quick one time sales is the way to build a trust-worthy and thriving business. Don't come after employees that dedicated years of their career to your company, and ask them for money back for policies that people stopped paying. That is not my problem. You hire people to get them to pay their premiums as you made us, as employees, do to keep your company going.

293 Other Employee Reviews for AXA Advisors (View Most Recent)

Good Company

Current Employee - Financial Advisor  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at AXA Advisors

Pros

AXA has an open architecture structure giving a financial advisor the freedom to run his business how he wants. Great access to products.

Cons

With the independent feel of the company there is sometimes a lack of team work. Success is based largely on production numbers only.

Encouraging teamwork will help advisors collaborate with each other. This will drive sales by allowing individuals to focus on their specialties.

You get what you put into it

Current Employee - Financial Advisor  in  Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Albany, NY

I have been working at AXA Advisors

Pros

The harder you work on contacts the more you make.
    Simple / Fair compensation plan
    Simple numbers game as are most sales positions

Cons

Very difficult to make any money in the first few years.
    Company does not pay up front for your testing.
    If you are not into having your own business, this is probably not the job for you.

Pay up front for the testing.
    Make mentoring (not just for the farming of contacts) a top priority.
    Stay dynamic.

There are newer employer reviews for AXA Advisors

Worked for AXA Advisors? Contribute to the Community!