AXA Advisors

Engaged Employer

Decent Products - Terrible Management/Business Practices

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Woodbridge, NJ
Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Woodbridge, NJ

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They train you quite a bit on the axa annuity and life insurance products. They are not so apt to train you in asset management (less revenue producing). They are good at ensuring management makes as much money from you as possible before you struggle and fall out of the business.

Cons

They are a greedy company. Management is all about their bottom line, not about producing strong all around producers. They will make you target your family as opposed to setting up a support structure around external sources. THEY WILL HOUND YOU AFTER YOU LEAVE THE COMPANY FOR ANY PAYMENT FOR POLICIES LAPSED EVEN 4 YEARS AFTER I LEFT THE COMPANY. I am not a person who would have someone buy a policy to drop it right after I left the company, but they have had these experiences in the past. BE AWARE - THEY WILL SEND LAWYERS AFTER YOU REGARDLESS OF YOUR TIME AWAY FROM THE COMPANY. I CANNOT RETAIN CLIENTS WHEN I NO LONGER WORK FOR THE COMPANY! It is the company's responsibility to retain clients after their costs and business practices force you out of the business.

Advice to Management

Stop harrassing ex-employees to pay for the inability of your teams to stop attrition. The most important thing for business is a positive word of mouth. Clearly, that is not the thought process running through the minds of management. Very upsetting, and frustrating as someone who came in out of college and thought I was working for a company that cared...

Other Employee Reviews for AXA Advisors

1. highly recommend

Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

managers are friendly and will help you out. They are really busy but they still find time to help you. Everyone in the office is friendly.

Cons

you have to travel a lot

Advice to Management

nothing

Not a good place to intern

Former Intern - Financial Planner in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Financial Planner in New York, NY

I worked at AXA Advisors as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Hours are flexible. You get to work with other interns.

Cons

I learned very little through my internship. The manager is still too new in the industry. There are a lot of things he did not know. I did a lot of grunt work, very boring

Advice to Management

have a good and planned internship program, have some work for employees