There are newer employer reviews for AXA Advisors

Financial Advisor

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Wide variety of resources since the company is international . Company provides decent sales training if you are new to sales. You will virtually be just a salesman who calls themselves a "Financial Advisor" and you don't even have to have any type of financial background to be a financial advisor which is totally ridiculously sad but true

Cons

Company will tell you whatever they think you want to hear to get you in the door. They will tell you that you will earn 100k + if you just work hard which only 2% of advisors really make annually . Most advisors make around 20k their first year and you will be fired if you don't meet certain quotas. It's a revolving door company policy and after most employees really see what the company is about they leave. There is over a 60% turnover rate annually so you can do the math

TELL THE TRUTH !! Applicants deserve that at the minimum! Don't just try to get individuals in the door!

298 Other Employee Reviews for AXA Advisors (View Most Recent)

You get what you put in.

Former Employee - Intern in Melville, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in Melville, NY

I worked at AXA Advisors as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Good working environment. Everyone is helpful.

Cons

There's a lot of cold calling. As an intern it was hard to escape the cycle of doing a lot of cold calling and very little of anything else.

Decent Products - Terrible Management/Business Practices

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Woodbridge, NJ
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Woodbridge, NJ

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They train you quite a bit on the axa annuity and life insurance products. They are not so apt to train you in asset management (less revenue producing). They are good at ensuring management makes as much money from you as possible before you struggle and fall out of the business.

Cons

They are a greedy company. Management is all about their bottom line, not about producing strong all around producers. They will make you target your family as opposed to setting up a support structure around external sources. THEY WILL HOUND YOU AFTER YOU LEAVE THE COMPANY FOR ANY PAYMENT FOR POLICIES LAPSED EVEN 4 YEARS AFTER I LEFT THE COMPANY. I am not a person who would have someone buy a policy to drop it right after I left the company, but they have had these experiences in the past. BE AWARE - THEY WILL SEND LAWYERS AFTER YOU REGARDLESS OF YOUR TIME AWAY FROM THE COMPANY. I CANNOT RETAIN CLIENTS WHEN I NO LONGER WORK FOR THE COMPANY! It is the company's responsibility to retain clients after their costs and business practices force you out of the business.

Stop harrassing ex-employees to pay for the inability of your teams to stop attrition. The most important thing for business is a positive word of mouth. Clearly, that is not the thought process running through the minds of management. Very upsetting, and frustrating as someone who came in out of college and thought I was working for a company that cared...

There are newer employer reviews for AXA Advisors