Good Ole Boys Network

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AXA Advisors

Pros

Little oversight, freedom to control hours.

Cons

No help, all sales talk, poor management, wasteful meetings.

Learn how to give new associates qualified leads, or at least help them with admin/ marketing. New Associates/ Consultants will always fail with the lack of support given. A meeting is not help.

Other Reviews for AXA Advisors

If this would be your first job in financial services -RUN, and don't look back

Current Employee - Financial Consultant  in  Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Edison, NJ

I have been working at AXA Advisors

Pros

flexible schedule, ability to choose your joint work partner and decide commission splits amongst yourselves

Cons

Everyone lies to you, about everything. Start-up costs are never completely disclosed, same goes for on-going expenses (about $450 per month, not including health insurance costs and any marketing you want to do). IF you actually make any money, the commission statements are impossible to read, and costs are deducted -often ending in NEGATIVE commissions that go into "recovery" that they will send lawyers after you to regain. There are SO MANY negatives here, it's rediculous. Unless you have a pre-established book of business you KNOW you can work, DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME HERE!

pay a true base salary, have SOME sort of structured training program; mandate pairing your senior agents with newbies so they can actually learn something

Compentence is not important

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at AXA Advisors

Pros

some of the people are nice. AXA pays well at the upper levels. Benefits are good but expensive.

Cons

most of the good managers were forced out in 2007. there is no career path unless you have a prior attachment to the current management Hard work is rarely rewarded. Thinking out of the box is not encouraged at all. Staff is treated badly. We should keep our heads down and just be happy we have a job. If we don't like it....then leave....there are plenty of people out of work to take your place.

Stop running the broker dealer by the buddy system. Reward accomplishments not friendships

There are newer employer reviews for AXA Advisors.

Worked for AXA Advisors? Contribute to the Community!