There are newer employer reviews for AXA Advisors

Watch out!

Current Employee - Financial Advisor
Current Employee - Financial Advisor

I have been working at AXA Advisors

Pros

Like others have said, it is a good place to get licensed I suppose. It is a one sided sales approach, lots of insurance. old, stable company that is helpful in the tumultuous times.

Cons

When I left, they are trying to collect on almost $20,000 of commissions I earned because I did not stay through the life of the insurance product.
Do NOT, I repeat Do NOT take advance commissions, which is industry standard. I can not imagine that people have to write checks to leave other firms.
Policies are clear as mud.

Even my manager did not understand the comp plan, and we did not have a BOM to help clearify the plan.

289 Other Employee Reviews for AXA Advisors (View Most Recent)

Be aware of the job you are getting into

Former Employee - Financial Professional, Retirement Benefits Group
    Former Employee - Financial Professional, Retirement Benefits Group

I worked at AXA Advisors

Pros

Opportunity to obtain Series 7/66 licenses; If you don’t wash out, you can have some success. Series 7/66 is very marketable in the Financial Industry and allows you to find better opportunities after AXA.

Cons

Management tends to mislead and sugar-coat what the job is really about and how your first year or two will go. When you are “hired” initially and after you pass your exams, you enter into a pre-employment period (6 months) where you are an independent contractor of AXA (frees them of liability if you mess up) and must hit a sales quota and a certain number of production credits before you are eligible for your benefits or salary. If you hit your quota, you have what is basically another interview for management to decide whether they want to bring you on full time. If you do not make your quota in the allotted time or they don't want you, you are terminated and you now have a nasty red flag on your Form U4. This will make getting another job in the financial industry difficult . Management will downplay this pre-employment period big time and not say much AT ALL about this period during your interviews if you do not ask and pry, so be sure to do so. They have no skin in the game during this period and it is managements job to heard as many people in. If you don't stick, they keep your contacts. If you stick, you make them money. Win/win. It is very important and I probably would of passed on the job had I known about this, so ask questions!

-Be clear about what the job is upfront.
    -Invest in the new advisors you bring on. Businesses that are a constant revolving door and are hiring new advisors every Friday tend to be bad places to build a career.

Great Place to work

I worked at AXA Advisors

Pros

Relaxed co-workers make it an enjoyable place to work.

Cons

Not standard office hours, stayed there very late some nights

There are newer employer reviews for AXA Advisors

Worked for AXA Advisors? Contribute to the Community!