AXA Advisors

Avoid

Current Employee - Financial Consultant
Current Employee - Financial Consultant

I have been working at AXA Advisors

Pros

-could make a lot of money

Cons

-so many better jobs out there
-will hire anybody
-a lot of out of pocket costs
-high stress environment

Advice to Management

-be upfront about commissions- It took months to figure out how I even got paid

reviews filtered by
  1. Slow giant insurance firm, whose main interest is selling life insurance.

Current Employee - Financial Advisor
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor

I have been working at AXA Advisors

Pros

Flexibility, Licensing, Insurance, Large, Ads

Cons

Great place to get licensed, but not the best place for guidance. I feel the company's recommendations to the client are not always in line with what I would do for the client, if I were able. The company has many difference SMA platiforms like but very little training on each of them. Furthermore, they say you are independent, but really they want you to sell AXA products. Compliance wants to know just about EVERYTHING about you.... like do you have a baseball card collection, are on you on your HOA's board.... What is the brand of motor oil you use....

Advice to Management

Let's focus on being financial planners... NOT INSURANCE AGENTS.... Maybe she should brand AXA Advisors more and less AXA Equitible branding

Be aware of the job you are getting into

Former Employee - Financial Professional, Retirement Benefits Group
    Former Employee - Financial Professional, Retirement Benefits Group

I worked at AXA Advisors

Pros

Opportunity to obtain Series 7/66 licenses; If you don’t wash out, you can have some success. Series 7/66 is very marketable in the Financial Industry and allows you to find better opportunities after AXA.

Cons

Management tends to mislead and sugar-coat what the job is really about and how your first year or two will go. When you are “hired” initially and after you pass your exams, you enter into a pre-employment period (6 months) where you are an independent contractor of AXA (frees them of liability if you mess up) and must hit a sales quota and a certain number of production credits before you are eligible for your benefits or salary. If you hit your quota, you have what is basically another interview for management to decide whether they want to bring you on full time. If you do not make your quota in the allotted time or they don't want you, you are terminated and you now have a nasty red flag on your Form U4. This will make getting another job in the financial industry difficult . Management will downplay this pre-employment period big time and not say much AT ALL about this period during your interviews if you do not ask and pry, so be sure to do so. They have no skin in the game during this period and it is managements job to heard as many people in. If you don't stick, they keep your contacts. If you stick, you make them money. Win/win. It is very important and I probably would of passed on the job had I known about this, so ask questions!

Advice to Management

-Be clear about what the job is upfront.
    -Invest in the new advisors you bring on. Businesses that are a constant revolving door and are hiring new advisors every Friday tend to be bad places to build a career.