There are newer employer reviews for AXA Advisors

Great company with great opportunities and the ability to earn high income

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in New York, NY
Current Employee - Financial Advisor in New York, NY

I have been working at AXA Advisors

Pros

* Top financial advisor platform in the business
* High payout
* Support & education in your future and future endeavors
* Communication of new investment strategies & products

I started my career at AXA directly out of college 5 - 8 yrs ago and it was the best decision I had ever made. I'm now earning well over five figures (almost six) and very happy with the opportunities in front of me. You hear a lot of bad reviews about AXA. Most of that really comes from people that have failed and blam it on AXA. This is your own business. You have to put in time and work hard. They just don't hand you clients and say here enjoy. People think that it is ok to work 10 - 5 and things should work out. It just doesnt work that way. So if you are truly a hard worker and want to build your own career, AXA is a great place that will support you.

Cons

* Technology isnt always the top notch

296 Other Employee Reviews for AXA Advisors (View Most Recent)

Horrible, the management is only looking to sell at all cost to anyone

Former Employee - Financial Consultant in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Financial Consultant in Miami, FL

I worked at AXA Advisors

Pros

Great learning opportunity. They offer a lot of training and they have excellent systems to do financial analysis and illustrations for clients. It is a great way to get experience and then LEAVE!

Cons

They do not offer a base salary. You have to pay for all your expenses (including lap top, marketing materials and any other expense that you might incur to sell). Even though they sell it as if you are your "own boss" you have to go to tons of meetings so that you learn how to counter clients' ojectives, get referrals (you have to sell, sell, sell to everyone and anyone).

As an intern the environment is pretty laid back, but as a wealth manager it could be intense.

Former Employee - Private Wealth Managemtn Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Private Wealth Managemtn Intern in New York, NY

I worked at AXA Advisors

Pros

It is a good place for a first finance related internship, specially for freshman. It is easy to get a job because wealth managers want cheap college students to do their grunt work. Overall, your experience will depend a lot on your boss so be aware in your interview whether or not you like the person who is interviewing you. You'll be working for them directly.

Cons

Not as recognizable a name in the finance world. AXA is big, but it's more associated with life insurance than anything.

Perhaps promote teamwork among employees more. The environment can be hostile because everyone is competing for clients; do things to lessen this competition among employees.

There are newer employer reviews for AXA Advisors