Good Company

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in New York, NY
Former Employee - Financial Advisor in New York, NY

I worked at AXA Equitable full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is about average for market

Cons

Advancement is overall mostly limited

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Roller Coaster

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at AXA Equitable full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

While the compensation can see some improvement, overall AXA provides a fair compensation package. There are various programs available to each employee that aren't offered elsewhere.

Cons

The idea that working a minimum of 12-15hrs a day and weekends as the 'new normal' is absurd.

Advice to Management

While we the employees would like the truth as to the state of the company, painting a grim outlook of constant work and little to no 'family time' should never be the 'new normal'. Just because those exact words weren't spoken doesn't mean that's not the message received by many.

I have been here since I was 22 years old. AXA is a wonderful place to build a business.

Current Employee - Vice President: American Division in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Vice President: American Division in Chicago, IL

I have been working at AXA Equitable

Pros

Culture, Joint work, best practices, unlimited opportunity. It has been 10 years and hard to believe. The support I receive from Sr. Management is second to none. Top rated firm, reputable name, benefits galore! If I had the choice to work for AXA or any other firm in the industry, I would choose AXA hands down. Advice for new advisors: Be prepared to work hard. This is a challenging profession with a noble purpose. My income has increased 10 fold because of my effort. The beautiful part of this business is "hard work over rides all."

Cons

Challenging profession. Let's be honest...what opportunity isn't challenging where the payoff is well above $100,000?

Advice to Management

Continue to offer the executive path. I don't believe there is a better way to impact new advisors and work w/ clients.