DO ANYTHING ELSE BUT WORK HERE..ONCE THEY KNOW YOU NEED THE MONEY, IT'S ALL OVER!

Former Employee - General Manager  in  Las Vegas, NV
Former Employee - General Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Aaron Brothers Art and Framing

Pros

The one, and only reason to work there, is to learn how custom framing is done, and the cost if it.

Cons

As a salaried General Manager, you are required to clock in and out a 45 hour workweek. I spent 4 weeks in Dallas, "training". This was 4 weeks of learning how to be a Manager! I've been a District Manager and Store Manager for over 20 years. I thought they were going to teach the process of custom framing...their bread and butter. Not so! I take over my store, and have a customer who wants to frame a football helmit! Guess what? I had no idea how to measure, not the first thing about it, I felt like an idiot.

Morale here stinks, and they have lost many long term, and experienced Managers in the last year. They need to value people, instead of sending the VP to St. Barts every 6 months. Yes, that's exactly what he told me during a store visit. The gall of him, knowing we were struggling with payroll, and communication.

Other Reviews for Aaron Brothers Art and Framing

Multi Unit Supervisor

Former Employee - District Manager
    Former Employee - District Manager

I worked at Aaron Brothers Art and Framing full-time

Pros

Product. Great store for artist to work.

Cons

Work extremely long hours, very little support from corporate.

Overwhelming responsibilities without support from the top down the chain of command.

I worked at Aaron Brothers Art and Framing full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There is a space to be creative and play with color and design. Most stores are not that overwhelming in physical space and is very manageable with key support staff.

Cons

Top management (district managrers and above) promises a lot and do not follow up with actual workable solutions. They are so busy supervising and checking over small details that it leaves little payroll left for the hourly staff to get the actual projects done with enough time to actually get good customer service done. Corporate is too scared of being sued that they back-peddal on actual policies to bend to customers who yell and threaten the loudest. They won't back you up when you need them the most.

The best advice is to lead by example. Step back and hold yourself accountable for all the things you put on your hourly people. You have a lot of great talent in the stores, and they are getting dis-heartened by the lack of leadership from the top down. There doesn't seem to be the leadership to say we made a mistake and this is how we are all going to fix it. Right now, it's seems that corporate is "right" and that the stores are doing it "wrong." If the class is failing......isn't it the teacher's fault?

There are newer employer reviews for Aaron Brothers Art and Framing.

Worked for Aaron Brothers Art and Framing? Contribute to the Community!