Not a high morale place to work

Former Employee - Internal Auditor  in  Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Internal Auditor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Aaron's full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Decent benefits - 401k match, health/dental insurance options, paid vacation. Travel for company included some appealing destinations and allowed to use return flight to stay over weekends.

Cons

Difficult to use vacation and time off in Audit Department; Business attire or uniforms (purchased) required in corporate offices did not seem necessary; very old school (good old boy) workplace; when traveling for work, required to take very early morning flights and stay at substandard lodging to cut costs - using sites like priceline to get better lodging was acceptable, but frowned upon; paid for travel up front (reimbursable within 2 weeks)

employee morale, especially in the audit department, needs improvement

Other Reviews for Aaron's

ROBIN LOWDERMILK JR IS NO LONGER THE CEO

Current Employee - General Manager  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - General Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Aaron's full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

GREAT LEADERSHIP/ GREAT PEOPLE with sincere culture

Cons

long tenured backstabbing gms in some areas

LESS PAPERWORK to justify the job- MORE customers get SERVED properly

just started already tired

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Aaron's full-time for less than a year

Pros

The work is not extremely hard and the pay is pretty decent. The benefits are reasonable as well. Co workers at my store get along great with one another

Cons

Management is very unorganized. The training is horrible you pretty much have to learn everything yourself. After my first week here my supervisor (sales manager) went on vacation and the CAM went on vacation. The Gm was very busy and i was new along with another guy who is a manager trainee.. i was left alone alot of times with no idea how to answer questions or deal with certain situations. Why would you send 2 people on vacation when you just hired 2 new people with no idea what to do? The hours are not cool but i try not to complain that much because i dont work nearly as long hours as accounts and the sales manager. I usually work anywhere between 8-10 hours a day but with an hour break its not that bad. Time goes by fast when we are busy. When we are slow there is nothing for me to do.. or maybe no one has trained me to do what i need to do??!!

Train your new employees so they know what they need to do. For the first couple weeks i feel anyone new should have direct supervison so there will be no "uh oh" mistakes. And i feel it would be better to have more than 1 csr .. the workday would be alot smoother with 2 csr's

There are newer employer reviews for Aaron's.

Worked for Aaron's? Contribute to the Community!