There are newer employer reviews for Aaron's

Not a bad job but ....

I have been working at Aaron's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You can learn a ton of things. You have the ability to learn your customer's needs & many chances to sell them needed merchandise. It is satisfying to watch a store grow. I enjoy the many marketing chances that I am given. I enjoy the opportunity to think outside the box & problem solve. I enjoy matching Aaron's plans to fit the customers needs. I enjoy attempting to close every customer that comes in.The opportunities that Aaron's provides far outway the negatives for myself personally. The job is not for everyone. If you can't wake up motivated & have a desire for teamwork & a desire to succeed I would not apply. It is definitely a job for goal oriented,people friendly associates.

Cons

The GM at my Central Alabama store is very NEGATIVE. It is understandable why this store is really suffering. It seems there is a customer each day that wants the RM phone number to voice a complaint. When I market in the community I get the message" as long as that person is in charge I wont ever be back in there" . I hear this on a daily basis. I have only worked there a short time and I dont have an ax to grind with anyone. The chaos and drama is unbelievable on a DAILY basis. I find it irreprehensible the way some customers are spoken with. Shouting matches and arguments routinely happen in the store as opposed to taken in private. The GM has little if any structure and lacks the neccessary leadership capabilities for a store close to the bottom in the region.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to grow & learn your business. I wish I had started with Aarons 20 years earlier. I enjoy the classwork & the field marketing. The benefits are fine but I do wish I had the opportunity for advancement.

338 Other Employee Reviews for Aaron's (View Most Recent)

There are newer employer reviews for Aaron's