Aaron's

There are newer employer reviews for Aaron's

Culture is changing...

Current Employee - Home Office Staff in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Home Office Staff in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Aaron's full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

As you will see in a lot of the reviews, the "good 'ole boy" system was alive an well in this company for many years, probably since it's creation. Eight years ago, I would not have recommended this company. Two years ago, I still would not have recommended this company. After all the strides and changes over the past year or so, I'm beginning to feel differently. The changes (which include increase in salary, increase in vacation time, increase and more options with heath benefits-just to name a few) have more of an impact on new/future employees than current ones, but it is still a HUGE change in the overall culture. I've gone from being slightly embarrassed to work for this company to being optimistic of the future of Aaron's.

Cons

Although the culture is changing, it's still very new. There are still a lot of old school managers in the Home Office that are dead set on their way of doing things and basically ignore any attempts to change. There are also a few managers that can't "be touched" (no one can quite figure it out - they are incredibly awful at their jobs) and I feel sorry for their staff on a daily basis. Unfortunately, it does still depend on which department you're in and who your manager is, as to how you will be treated and developed if you work in the home office.

Home office employees have been treated in the past as "overhead" as opposed to being an integral part of the company. I feel like this has started to change, but there's a lot of room to grow in this area. Work/life balance needs improvement. Work-from-home opportunities for home office employees would be a tremendous step in the right direction and I think would boost employee morale greatly.

376 Other Employee Reviews for Aaron's (View Most Recent)

Enjoyable most days

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Portland, OR

I worked at Aaron's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pretty good health insurance coverage. Relaxed atmosphere with co-workers and customers. In this position you get to have about as much "fun" as you can have at work on most days, trying to create a good sales environment.

Cons

As a Sales Manager for this company, you could be a General Manager for most other companies and have less responsibility with same or better pay. Hours are insane, and don't plan on family time. Management isn't afraid to insist you work your day off, or feel like your job is in jeopardy if you don't.

Pay the employees for the job they do. Don't abuse the fact that they are on salary and just start piling as much as you can onto one plate expecting they can just work an extra day to get it all done.

Amazing opportunity and amazing people, plenty of room to grow.

I worked at Aaron's full-time

Pros

Seems more like a family than a job. Very challenging, lots of opportunity for advancement, great pay and bonus opportunties. Compared to other companies the benefits are good, the environment is positive, and the people really do care. Never work Sundays.

Cons

Sometimes the hours are long and at times the customers can be difficult.

Listen to each persons concerns and always do an exit interview.

There are newer employer reviews for Aaron's