There are newer employer reviews for Aaron's

Aaron's is a nice place to work

Current Employee - Sales Manager
Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Aaron's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work is hard, but rewarding. The training is good. The benefits, from health care, vision, dental, to vacation, personal, and sick time is great. Starting hourly pay is better than some. Good structure of business with clear defined goals and expectations of every position.

Cons

Raises are few and far between, I was with the company for a year and a half before I got my first raise. Field visiting and deliveries can be scary in bad neighborhoods.

Advice to Management

Work more with employees who work hard so that they can progress into higher positions in the company.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Aarons wil take you as far as you are willing to go!!!!

Current Employee - General Manager in Alcoa, TN
    Current Employee - General Manager in Alcoa, TN

I have been working at Aaron's full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits are way better now then when I started 9 years ago. Traning when i statred was almost 0, but now all you need is the will and you can learn anything in this company. Any one who says they are being held back by training or other employees are only holding themselves back. Pay across the board in store is the best I have seen. Along with several bonuses that can be attained. Anyone can be a GM and up. Company promotes off of performance not tenure, which tends to make people who dont perfom upset. Overall this sky is the limit but dont expect to come and try to coast definatly not the job for you.

Cons

Wish it was eaiser to terminate problem employees, although I do understand the reasoning behind it.

Advice to Management

Follow in the steps of Ken Butler.

2. The math does not add up.

Former Employee - General Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - General Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Aaron's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Offer good pay and benefits.

Cons

Treat employees and customers very poorly. Will require to breach Federal Trade Commission laws among other laws and moral issues.

Advice to Management

Clean it up. Hire an actual HR department please. There are reasons that you are being sued for millions constantly. Look in the mirror and correct the issues please. The old Aaron's Rents did not operate in such an obscene manner when it began. I actually remember this.