There are newer employer reviews for Aaron's

Aaron's is a nice place to work

Current Employee - Sales Manager
Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Aaron's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The work is hard, but rewarding. The training is good. The benefits, from health care, vision, dental, to vacation, personal, and sick time is great. Starting hourly pay is better than some. Good structure of business with clear defined goals and expectations of every position.

Cons

Raises are few and far between, I was with the company for a year and a half before I got my first raise. Field visiting and deliveries can be scary in bad neighborhoods.

Work more with employees who work hard so that they can progress into higher positions in the company.

reviews filtered by
  1. Glad to have moved on to bigger and better opportunities

Former Employee - Divisional Staff in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Divisional Staff in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Aaron's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The benefits were pretty good and I very much enjoyed working with most of the people on my team.

Cons

Extremely poor management and lack of respect for hardworking employees. Doesn't matter how long you have been with the company, how loyal you have been, or much you have contributed in the past; if they think it's your time to go for whatever reason, they will keep digging until they find a way to fire you. Since Ron Allen became the new CEO, the company has shifted towards a downward spiral. I know plenty of good people (many in management or director level) who have spent many years at this company only to be let go for absolutely trivial reasons in the last 6 months alone. Don't be fooled by their new corporate "culture" campaign. It is all a facade!

Aarons salaries are also significantly lower than industry average. I would only apply here if you were desperate, and looking for a short term opportunity especially if you are looking for a place to grow your career.

What management?

2. The math does not add up.

Former Employee - General Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - General Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Aaron's full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Offer good pay and benefits.

Cons

Treat employees and customers very poorly. Will require to breach Federal Trade Commission laws among other laws and moral issues.

Clean it up. Hire an actual HR department please. There are reasons that you are being sued for millions constantly. Look in the mirror and correct the issues please. The old Aaron's Rents did not operate in such an obscene manner when it began. I actually remember this.

There are newer employer reviews for Aaron's